Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete

• Strongforce
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by Strongforce Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete was created by Strongforce
Hey guys, I've been having troubles to make ReShade work, when I finally thought it would work as I see a console-type of bar at the top of the screen, I get a weird error message so I took some pictures of it, since screenshots didn't work.

I'm using windows 10 and on mediator I have dx10/11 selected.

I'd like to run the game in DX 10/11 so I haven't tryed with DX9 yet .. so here is the picture:

www.mediafire.com/view/hap0zcu6fa14uul/reshaderror.png

665.9 ? :evil: Ok with Luciferhawk as dev I'm not surprised :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Strongforce.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete
Something is wrong with your shader files. I suggest you redownload them.

• Strongforce
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Strongforce Replied by Strongforce on topic Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete
Thanks for the answer mate, ReShade shaders then ? it seems to be, since the location is in sweetfx.. will do and try, I so hope it works :D, I'm at work I'll test tonight, I'm excited lol this game gonna look so good, plus someone on another forum told me he run ENB series for it, which I had no idea that they did for stalker too ! just hope everything is compatible.. but anyway that's another story, first I need to make mediator work :).

• Strongforce
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #4 by Strongforce Replied by Strongforce on topic Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete
Mmh so it didn't help, I decided to remove the SMAA from the shader folder, now I don't get the weird error, but it still says compiling effects failed !

What could I do ? :(

I tryed redownloading and also running it as admin, also tryed both dx 9 and dx 10/11 with both dll's renamed..mmh

Is it because maybe I have the 2 different dll's ? it shouldnt matter.. but ill try

Edit : nope still not working, and I looked for the log files and nothing in the one in the bin folder, I mean nothing overwritten over the instructions,

the one in main folder just says :

full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment

weird eh! anyone with other ideas ?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Strongforce.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete

Strongforce wrote: full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment

Huh? That's not ReShade. That's InjectSMAA (SweetFX 1.5). You can't mix those two, it won't work (as you noticed), because they use different shader languages (InjectSMAA uses HLSL, ReShade uses its own shader language): You can't just use SweetFX 1.5 files with ReShade ... =)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by crosire.

• Strongforce
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by Strongforce Replied by Strongforce on topic Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete
Oh god yeah that would explain why it's not working.. I tryed to make SweetFX 1.5.1 work before.. and it wouldn't work either though...now things are conflicting I guess..

Mmh time for a fresh install I think !! after I backup my saves of course lol.

Thanks for making me notice that :silly: .. I sure hope that will make it work though ! after so much hassle ahha if reshade doesn't work after a fresh install I'm going crazy :p

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete
It would be enough to delete the SweetFX and ReShade folders, all ".fx" files and the d3d9.dll or dxgi.dll from ReShade and/or InjectSMAA. A clean installation of ReShade should work then.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete
OK, here's my ENB + ReShade Framework 1.0.0 package I created for Autumn Aurora developers. It works FLAWLESLLY, but it does come with special brownish tone/tint because it was made for Autumn Aurora.

Steps:
1. Completely and utterly remove all ReShade, SweetFX, Framework, MasterEffect files from the game's directory and the game's "bin" directory. It would be best if you would uninstall the game completely, then re-install it, upgrade/downgrade it to version 1.0005 (you do know that STALKER Complete required version 1.0005, but most STALKER installations now provide version 1.0006, right?).
2. Re-install STALKER Complete
3. Extract all package files and folders into STALKER "bin" directory
4. Launch the game

If it works, then you can use it that way. Let me know if this works out for you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strongforce

• Strongforce
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #9 by Strongforce Replied by Strongforce on topic Stalker SOC + Stalker Complete
I now fixed it thanks to MonarchX, my new buddy ;).

It was tricky but we got it working ! :ohmy: :lol: it looks so good now !

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.