UT99 on Win10 (Insane I Know)

• Nemisor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by Nemisor UT99 on Win10 (Insane I Know) was created by Nemisor
I had been using RadeonPro with Windows 7 successfully for a long time, took the plunge with Windows 10 and of course it's no longer supported. Found Reshade and it seems to be the best replacement of its type, but of course nothing is simple with such an old game... here's a screenshot and the error log:

https://goo.gl/photos/ePzFELcZx1SgyGnK8

Warning: Spoiler!

Running the latest Catalyst beta 15.8 drivers and no overlay of any kind (as far as I know). Just curious if anything obvious is going on, or if it's something more obscure? Happy to supply more details if somebody is interested...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic UT99 on Win10 (Insane I Know)
That's not the log for the game. It should be in the game folder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nemisor

• Nemisor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Nemisor Replied by Nemisor on topic UT99 on Win10 (Insane I Know)
Whoops, my bad! Here you go...

Warning: Spoiler!

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic UT99 on Win10 (Insane I Know)
Make sure you have installed this: www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=35 . Windows 10 is missing some DirectX 9 components by default.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nemisor

• Nemisor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by Nemisor Replied by Nemisor on topic UT99 on Win10 (Insane I Know)
I guessed you were pointing at the DirectX installer www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109 and turns out that was it... your link for some odd reason simply pointed at the Win10 downloader.

Anyway, that was it! You are a gawd walking amongst mere mortals ^.^

Now I'm gonna have to start playing with other filters... this is a pandora's box of fun now o_O

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic UT99 on Win10 (Insane I Know)
Yeah, that was the one. Seems like I lost some numbers of the download ID when copying the link =).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.