[SOLVED] Nascar Racing 2003

• NIC
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #1 by NIC Nascar Racing 2003 was created by NIC
Heya -- So game crashes when starting a race session. Tested with 0.12 and 0.13, d3d8.

It actually will work if you run the game in opengl and use opengl32.dll, but with issues (only tested 0.12 for this). Menus have black screens, however if you can blindly navigate them the picture returns and reshade will be working when you start a race session. (of course the game runs horribly in this mode so it's not really an option)

>> d3d8.log

>> d3d8.tracelog

>> NR2003.exe.5764.dmp

(PS many thanks for all your shader efforts. You continue to spoil us.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Nascar Racing 2003
Found a fix, but that can cause crashes when changing resolution or tabbing out and in the game, so it's not optimal yet.

• NIC
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by NIC Replied by NIC on topic Nascar Racing 2003
Oh nice, quick turnaround! And actually the game tends to not alt-tab very well anyways, so not sure if reshade is actually at fault for that. I'd say 9/10 times it won't successfully tab back in already. Windowed+SRWE seems to work well for it tabbing though, so would probably be how I'd run it anyways. Does your newly found fix crash while tabbing windowed I wonder?

(Some have success with the normal fullscreen tabbing problem by clearing the replay between sessions (gamedir/players/player_name/player.ini -- clear_replay_each_session=1), but that's not worked for me.)

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Nascar Racing 2003
Was only crashing in fullscreen, so yeah, that may be game related, but I had the impression it wasn't crashing without ReShade (at least where tried).

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Nascar Racing 2003
Fully fixed with next update. =)

• dsmi155
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by dsmi155 Replied by dsmi155 on topic Nascar Racing 2003
Sorry to bring this old thread back, but I've been working on an overhaul to NR2003 and stumbled on ReShade, (which looks AMAZING!), and was curious if you were able to get ReShade working with NR2003, Crosire?

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Nascar Racing 2003
I don't own the game, but a friend of mine tested it with it and the current versions work with it just fine =).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.