GTA V CTD on Startup [RS 1.0\Win7 x64\GTX880M]

• Soleurs
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1 by Soleurs GTA V CTD on Startup [RS 1.0\Win7 x64\GTX880M] was created by Soleurs
Okay, so here's my probably long-winded explanation.

I'm attempting to use ReShade 1.0 with my GTA V installation in tandem with ENB. In any form that the provided ReShade64.dll file is renamed, the game will still crash, with or without ENB. If I rename it to dxgi.dll, the game will not show a launch window or anything. If the file is directed to as ReShade64.dll, the game will launch with a black screen and immediately throw a "Grand Theft Auto V has stopped working" error. The game will not load ReShade if I direct enblocal.dll to proxy to ReShade32.dll. I have the Microsoft platform update installed. I have tried renaming the file every different way. I have attempted to use ReShade without the ENB files installed. I have tried virtually every solution on this forum and other websites. No dice. The "dxgi.log" file will be blank if it is dxgi.dll, otherwise the log file is available |here|

Running latest NVIDIA drivers, GTX880M, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
I appreciate any help you can give!
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Soleurs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V CTD on Startup [RS 1.0\Win7 x64\GTX880M]
Sounds like you have some additional software running that is interfering. Overlays, screen recorders, streaming tools, game boosters, etc. Razer Synapse being the most common culprit.

• Soleurs
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Soleurs Replied by Soleurs on topic GTA V CTD on Startup [RS 1.0\Win7 x64\GTX880M]
No screen recorders, streaming tools, boosters, etc. I have Steam, but Overlay is disabled for all games. NVIDIA GeForce Experience, including ShadowPlay, has been uninstalled. Problem still exists. The only program I have close to Razer Synapse is my SteelSeries keyboard driver program, but stopping it hasn't affected gameplay.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V CTD on Startup [RS 1.0\Win7 x64\GTX880M]
There has to be something running. Your log shows ReShade entering an infinite loop of "CreateSwapChain" calls, which can only happen if some other software modifies the function hook. So when ReShade calls back to the original function it is redirected right back to the hook, which attempts to do the same again, and again, and again, ...

• Soleurs
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #5 by Soleurs Replied by Soleurs on topic GTA V CTD on Startup [RS 1.0\Win7 x64\GTX880M]
Uninstalling the platform update actually allows the game to boot to story mode, but activating SweetFX causes a crash, presumably because of the lack of the platform update. I'll try to reinstall it.

UPDATE: Reinstalled. Back to crashes. Only programs I see that are running that could cause any problems are Steam (although Overlay and streaming are disabled), BitDefender, and Skype.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Soleurs.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.