Still no support for OpenGL bellow 4.3?

• v00d00m4n
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by v00d00m4n Still no support for OpenGL bellow 4.3? was created by v00d00m4n
Can we please have at least some version override parameter that will force Reshade to work on OGL bellow 4.3 no matter what?

I dont see any reason why only this version supported. Does reshade uses some super exclusive GL_ extenstion that version 3+ does not have?

Judging by this i dont see anything really exclusive without which Reshade cant work developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

Im just trying to play some 2d opengl games on my old laptop with reshade for simulation of scanlines and other old tv effects, but nvidia only provide gl driver 4.3 for very recent vide cards, 5 years old generations does not have one, so it useless. I tried to mix reshade with OGL to D3D wrapper QindieGL but got crash.

Here is complete list of OpenGL 3.3 extensions my video card supports with details about bits and stuff like that:

pastebin.com/SCebPfZ4
Please give some love to older OpenGL versions!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by v00d00m4n.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Still no support for OpenGL bellow 4.3?

v00d00m4n wrote: Does reshade uses some super exclusive GL_ extenstion that version 3+ does not have?

Yes, www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/explicit_uniform_location.txt , which is only available in core since OpenGL 4.3 (though some cards, like yours, have support it as an extension). But more importantly docs.gl/gl4/glTextureView , which sadly is only available since 4.3 and not before.
I need both those features, some ReShade features cannot be realised in a sane way without them (SRGB support being one of them, which is required for SMAA). So unfortunately I'm locked to OpenGL 4.3 and beyond.

• v00d00m4n
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic Still no support for OpenGL bellow 4.3?
Maybe you can patch in some compat level like i dont know, disabling features that requres those extension and just skipping shaders that needs these extensions, while others more simple shaders would be compilled?

Is there any universal way to tell if shadder needs those extensions?

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Still no support for OpenGL bellow 4.3?
That's not possible, because these are used in ReShade's core OpenGL runtime. Every effect written for ReShade requires them, so there is nothing to disable.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.