Anyone got a fix for this?

• haz
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by haz Anyone got a fix for this? was created by haz
Hi everyone

I made an account just to get help with this.
I've played with reshade for 4 days or so now.
I tried to uninstall it, which wasn't possible so then I ended up deleting all the files that has anything to do with that program.
Reason why I want to delete it is cause it crashes my Counter-Strike: Global Offensive once I try to start it.

SO, even after I deleted all the files etc, the reshade text to the upper left is still showing up and once I try to start CS it's still there. Anyone got a solution for this? Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Anyone got a fix for this?
Delete the ReShade DLL you installed (d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll or opengl32.dll depending on how you named it), it's the core program. If it is not crashing without the shader files (which you apparently deleted already), then the crash reason is most likely that you do not have the required 2010 DirectX end-user runtime installed: www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=8109 . So in case you want to give it another shot, try that =).
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• haz
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by haz Replied by haz on topic Anyone got a fix for this?
Thanks for your answer.

But there's none of those files when I search for them on the computer. I've deleted the rar-file, and the map I unpacked from winrar. It's all gone but I still see that text once I try to start CS:Go and it crashes after 1 sec.

I did use it for World Of Warcraft but even tho I deleted it, it still shows the text when I open World Of Warcraft aswell... And there wasn't like a real "install" once I got it.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Anyone got a fix for this?
How exactly did you install it? Because one would normally copy over the DLL into the game folder and rename it into one of the three names I mentioned, as explained in the readme. Or did you use the Mediator tool? Either way, the DLL is in the same folder as your game executable, just delete it from there.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.