[SOLVED] The Witcher 3: it now ships with dxgi.dll->failure

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by OtisInf The Witcher 3: it now ships with dxgi.dll->failure was created by OtisInf
The Witcher 3 installs now (through gog client) a dxgi.dll, overwriting the one installed by the mediator / reshade client. Problem is that reshade then of course doesn't work. Removing the d3d11.dll and renaming reshade64.dll to d3d11.dll makes it work again. However the mediator didn't do this. Not sure if this is hardcoded, but it's perhaps worth looking into. (as in: if there's already a dxgi.dll, delete d3d11.dll and rename to that dll instead). Game didn't run when I tossed out dxgi.dll it installed by itself and replaced it with reshade64.dll.

Just a FYI for the people who run into this same issue ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pondural, Tsueah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tsueah
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by Tsueah Replied by Tsueah on topic The Witcher 3: it now ships with dxgi.dll->failure
This did work for me.

I think the dxgi.dll from GOG is being created after installing the 'Game Overlay' DLC. I've had it running for a while today, saw the Game Overlay thingy which I promptly installed and W3 refused to start afterwards ;) Which kinda brought me here B)

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic The Witcher 3: it now ships with dxgi.dll->failure
Hmm, I didn;t see game overlay DLC, but indeed the gog client 'features coming soon 'in game overlay''! Thanks for the heads up in that direction!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.