[SOLVED] Fallout: New Vegas Crash On Startup

• Pterodacton
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by Pterodacton Fallout: New Vegas Crash On Startup was created by Pterodacton
Hello,

I recently tried installing reshade with Fallout: New Vegas, I followed the mediator instructions and when I launched, I can see text in the top left corner saying something like "Compiling effects" and then I get a crash. I tried with Kerbal Space program and experienced the same issue. I have the DirectX end-user runtime installed in a folder in "My Documents". I've also tried running without MSAA, in windowed mode, lowering the game settings to minimum, and a manual install of reshade to no avail. Is there something very obvious I'm missing? The compatibility list says New Vegas should run perfectly.

I'm running 64bit Windows 10.
AMD FX-8120 at 3.6GHz
16GB of RAM
GTX 760

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Fallout: New Vegas Crash On Startup

Pterodacton wrote: I have the DirectX end-user runtime installed in a folder in "My Documents"

Ehem, you are supposed to execute the setup (DXSETUP.exe) once extracted. =)
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by crosire.

• Pterodacton
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by Pterodacton Replied by Pterodacton on topic Fallout: New Vegas Crash On Startup
Annnd there's the very obvious thing I was missing. Thanks man. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.