RPG Maker?

• Runakanta
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by Runakanta RPG Maker? was created by Runakanta
Im really struggling trying to make Reshade work with RPG Maker Games like Ib, Mad Father, Yume Nikki, etc. I've tried every folder but nothing :pinch: . And don't tell me to check the compatibility list cu'z i've run games that even aren't on the list Like Undertale and Overpowered and they work just fine. ...I mean. It even works with the FNAF games and they're just exe files alone without folders :S . Thanks in advance... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic RPG Maker?
The compatibility list does not work as you think it does. It only lists games that are confirmed to be working (or not). If a game is not on the list it just means that no one has tested it yet, so it may work or may not work. So if you can confirm that a game does or does not work with ReShade and is not on the list, we can add it.

Are you sure those games use an API ReShade supports? Didn't work, what do you mean, crash, doesn't start, ReShade not injected...?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Runakanta
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by Runakanta Replied by Runakanta on topic RPG Maker?
Reshade not injected

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic RPG Maker?

Runakanta wrote: Reshade not injected

Marty McFly wrote: Are you sure those games use an API ReShade supports?

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Runakanta
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #5 by Runakanta Replied by Runakanta on topic RPG Maker?
How can i know that? and by all means, i thought as long as it had an .exe file it'd work

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 4 months ago #6 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic RPG Maker?
Out of curiosity, I tried Reshade with To The Moon. It seems Marty is right, none of the hooks work (tried dx8,9,10/11, OGL) - they don't even produce a .log file, so they are probably not used by the game. Even tried the ENB injector way but nada. So unless other RPG Maker games use different libraries I guess you are out of luck.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic RPG Maker?
Found little to no information on what that app uses for rendering, but the most likely option is OpenGL. But that would mean it loads an opengl32.dll. At the very minimum ReShade would create a log file and notify it initializing OpenGL hooks when injected via ENBInjector. If that's not the case the app could render via Windows GDI or Direct3D7 and below, which ReShade does not support (because extremly rare, and the first has no hardware acceleration).

• Runakanta
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #8 by Runakanta Replied by Runakanta on topic RPG Maker?
Just yesterday i was thinking on a possible solution that is running the games inside a virtual machine with Reshade injected to it

• Runakanta
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #9 by Runakanta Replied by Runakanta on topic RPG Maker?
It... doesn't seem to work on virtual machines

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.