[SOLVED] TES Skyrim - Disconnected Shadows

• Illuminaughty
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by Illuminaughty TES Skyrim - Disconnected Shadows was created by Illuminaughty
ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 seems to work fine with Skyrim except for the fact that all my shadows are now disconnected from their objects and they move around with the camera. I know there is a lot of bugs as its BETA, but there are no other posts on this issue and I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten the same result. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic TES Skyrim - Disconnected Shadows
I honestly never experienced something like this. Are you sure it's not another mod conflicting somehow? =)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• Illuminaughty
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by Illuminaughty Replied by Illuminaughty on topic TES Skyrim - Disconnected Shadows
It could very well be, but the SweetFX 1.5.1 works just fine with my current mod list. I'll have to take a look and figure out which mod conflicts with it.

*edit* I've found the culprit. It was a setting in the skyrimprefsini file called "bDeferredShadows=" that was causing the issue. I change it from bDeferredShadows=1 to bDeferredShadows=0 and the problem was fixed.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Illuminaughty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, ZoraSWE

• ZoraSWE
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by ZoraSWE Replied by ZoraSWE on topic TES Skyrim - Disconnected Shadows
I'm having this same problem, however bDeferredShadows=0 fixes it. But in return it makes shadows on grass/trees/shrubs not work properly, so they appear very bright and unnatural.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Constantine PC

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic TES Skyrim - Disconnected Shadows
First of all I want to thank you guys for coming up with the deferred shadows fix. It does work to a degree.

The problem is still visible in caves or ruins where there is fog.

This was very present in the cave when you escape from Helgen.

• Patar
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #6 by Patar Replied by Patar on topic TES Skyrim - Disconnected Shadows
Heyos. I just wanted to let you guys (the reshade people) know I have this problem too, I just had reshade loaded into skyrim without a preset anyhow so it wasn't a problem to just delete it. I didn't have any mods loaded but skse. Oh ya and I use the mediator injector thing with all the sliders, could be relevant. K bye!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Patar.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.