Arma 2 OA doesn't launch with Battleye on

• soebbel87
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by soebbel87 Arma 2 OA doesn't launch with Battleye on was created by soebbel87
Hey,

I have been able to play Arma 2 with eFX/ReShade for a long time now;
some weeks ago I encountered the problem that the game wouldn't launch anymore!

This only happens if I launch the game via the Arma2OA_BE.exe using the normal Arma2OA.exe works just fine,
but I'm not able to join any servers, because Battleye is not enabled then!

This is the error message i get:

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Arma 2 OA doesn't launch with Battleye on
I can reproduce this. Did some testing and figured out this:
  • InjectSMAA works
  • InjectFXAA/FXAATool, Boulotaurs injector, ENB, eFX and ReShade all fail and this error comes up

To me this looks like an anti-cheat protection by BattlEye here, where InjectSMAA was whitelisted because often used (old SweetFX runs on it), rather than a problem with ReShade (all these injectors suffer the same and it's highly unlikely they all have the same bug). I also wrote a quick wrapper, which does absolutly nothing except for forwarding calls to Direct3D, same issue.
Not much I can do about this unfortunately, other than contacting BattlEye once ReShade is out of the beta and ask them nicely. =)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: soebbel87

• soebbel87
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by soebbel87 Replied by soebbel87 on topic Arma 2 OA doesn't launch with Battleye on
Ok alright,

I'm in contact with battleye support anyway, so I will ask them to look into this at some point.

Thank you very much for this fast response! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.