[SOLVED] Reshade problem IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

• ecosta
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by ecosta Reshade problem IL-2 Cliffs of Dover was created by ecosta
Hi
I install Reshade with sweet FX inside folder IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. When i play, the game shows wierd distorcions in main menu. Please, see images bellow:

Main Menu options image distorted

Other image Main Menu

Distorted Map online game mode

I cant choose the airfield in IL-2 game online cause the map does not allow the choice.

Bellow, the log:
Warning: Spoiler!

In game mode offline, after choose the options, and hit FLY, the IL-2 perform like a charm;

Using only Sweet fx, the IL-2 Cliffs of Dover randomly crashes between 5 until 20 minutes game play.

IL-2 CLiffs of Dover uses the Direct X 10 and 11:
"New 3D engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe".

It's possible can fix this problem?

The Best Regards

Edson Costa
PS: sorry for my bad english

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade problem IL-2 Cliffs of Dover
At least the menu is definitly rendered in Direct3D 9, even if advertised differently. Was able to narrow it down to the rendertarget backup and restore ReShade does before and after doing its own rendering. It is required so Direct3D is reset to the exact same state it was at before ReShade started executing post-processing shaders. For some reason I cannot explain it doesn't work right here. Even after removing all code and only executing "IDirect3DDevice9::GetRenderTarget(0 ... X)" immediately followed by a "IDirect3DDevice9::SetRenderTarget(0 ... X)" with the values just retrieved results in the artifacts you described. Removing those two commands and it starts working as long as ReShade does no rendering. I have no explanation as to why that is and no solution/fix for it either. Sorry.

• ecosta
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #3 by ecosta Replied by ecosta on topic Reshade problem IL-2 Cliffs of Dover
Hi Crosire
Thanks for reply!
I would like to use Reshade with Il-2 Cliffs but the problem is to be unable for online flight (i cant choose the airbase in map).
I use reshade in IL-2 1946 and IL-2 Bos with great results!

Regards

Ecosta
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ecosta.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade problem IL-2 Cliffs of Dover
As I said (with an in-depth explanation as to why): It won't work.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade problem IL-2 Cliffs of Dover
Update: I forgot that "SetRenderTarget" has the side-effect of resetting the current render viewport to the rendertarget dimensions and viewports are not stored in stateblocks. Backing up and restoring the viewport manually thus fixes the artifacts.
So, this is solved in the next update now.

• ecosta
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #6 by ecosta Replied by ecosta on topic Reshade problem IL-2 Cliffs of Dover
SERIUS!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yes!!! Great news!!!

Thanks for your support!!!

The IL-2 Cliffs of Dover community thanks you for this news!!!!

The Best Regards

Ecosta

• YoYo
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #7 by YoYo Replied by YoYo on topic Reshade problem IL-2 Cliffs of Dover
Hello crosire!
This problem was solved or not yet? I did profile for IL-2 CoD (more info in this post: forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28360-reshade-cod/?p=455987 ). I noticed small bug in menu when ReShade is active, it looks like this:

www.ifotos.pl/zobacz/Image-368_asaaapx.jpg

Some of areas (in menu) are coloring too mutch (perhaps it's a case of filters). Dxgi raport www.sendspace.com/file/5gq4m9 .
In the simulator everything is ok. Only the problem exists in menu (each time if I change posiotion of mouse cursor on active area in menu).
I use filters:

- AmbientLight
- DPX
- FXAA
- LumaSharpen
- SMAA
- Tonemap
- Vignette

Btw. Thank You for Your work! Its absolutely awesome.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by YoYo.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.