[SOLVED] I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA V :(

• mahbod
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by mahbod I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA V :( was created by mahbod
I want to remove or uninstall reshade and sweat fx from my GTA V but i can't
I removed reshade.fx & sweat.fx & ReShade64.dll and the sweatfx folder
but when i open the game it shows [ Reshade by ... version .. ] on top of the screen and the game crashes !! :blink:
how can I remove it completely ?? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA V :(
Depending on the version of ReShade installed the following files should be removed from the GTA5 folder.

ReShade64.dll usually named dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll
ReShade.fx
ReShade folder itself.
(Optionally DXGI or D3D11 .log can be removed as well, only removing the dxgi / d3d11 .dll file by itself is actually enough to remove ReShade unless it was added by the Mediator tool as I believe that program creates a link in some way so it has to be uninstalled by the same program if I understand it correctly.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahbod, shockwave2234@gmail.com

• mahbod
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by mahbod Replied by mahbod on topic I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA V :(
Thank you so much , I've removed them but it still shows that text on the top in the game

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA V :(
Is there a d3d9.dll in your game's folder? If so (and if you are certain that it was not added by some other injector, ENB and such) remove that one too, maybe the installer renamed the .dll to that for some reason - and double check that there are no dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll left.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shockwave2234@gmail.com

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.