[SOLVED] Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]

• Kerbin Dallas Multipass
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by Kerbin Dallas Multipass Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine] was created by Kerbin Dallas Multipass
First of all thank you guys! Been playing KSP with reshade+sweetfx for several hours and it's been great fun.

I ran Reshade Setup on the game and it seems to work out of the box. In the (standard) D3D9 mode. Even 8xAA works! \o/

Funny enough it auto-detects opengl and puts the dll as opengl32.dll in the game folder, but the game crashes when I start it in OpenGL mode (calling it with the switch -force-opengl). It crashes at startup with an error message, writes a opengl32.log and unity crash messages. I tried to kill all processes and services that might do any overlays that might conflict with OpenGL but still no joy. Also tried loading without the sweet.fx file present.

OpenGL mode in KSP is obviously a bit weird if d3d9 works fine, but many people use it because it frees up about a gig of ram and therefore avoids crashes. For players who play it with many mods it's the better alternative to the buggy 64 bit version of the game.

Unity also offers a dx11 mode (-force-d3d11) which I couldn't get to work with reshade either.

Any ideas what I could try to get it to work? I'm kinda new to this :)

Reshade 0.13.2.668
GTX 750 Ti w/ 347.25 driver
Win 7 64

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]
There's a problem with the OpenGL hook causing issues with Unity. This should be fixed with upcoming 0.13.4 =)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerbin Dallas Multipass

• Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by Kerbin Dallas Multipass Replied by Kerbin Dallas Multipass on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]
Thats awesome! tx :)

Little follow up question:

Shader@0x07198BE0(29,10): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Is it a certain effect or setting thats throwing this?

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]
It's a warning related to the shaderpack you are using. Don't worry about it.

• ozzy
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by ozzy Replied by ozzy on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]
its working for me so far and the last time i tested was on 64bit Ksp.exe , opengl32.dll 440kb one

imgur.com/a/izOSO

• Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by Kerbin Dallas Multipass Replied by Kerbin Dallas Multipass on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]
@ozzy
Yea works fine for me in D3D mode as I stated. Did you try it with forced opengl?

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]
I think I have to take back what I said earlier.
I know why it doesn't work under OpenGL with Unity: ReShade is creating its resources on the first call to "wglMakeCurrent", which then causes Unitys next call to "wglShareLists" to fail. One should never call them in this order, but unfortunately Unity does it anyway. Now delay loading would fix that, but that introduces a bug under Wolfenstein on AMD cards (works just fine on NVIDIA, it's fully spec conform, so I asume it's a driver bug, as they seem to be common with shared OpenGL contexts and AMD drivers).
Unity has a way to force Direct3D, Wolfenstein doesn't, so I have to delay it for now, until AMD manages to fix their stuff or I notice I made a serious mistake somewhere.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozzy

• ozzy
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #8 by ozzy Replied by ozzy on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]

Kerbin Dallas Multipass wrote: @ozzy
Yea works fine for me in D3D mode as I stated. Did you try it with forced opengl?

Really sorry, i thought my game was on Opengl. But somehow Opengl32.dll (64bit) worked with 64bit KSP on d3d9. Checked with RTSS and it showed d3d9 and reshade works with opengl32.dll 64bit. I am just a noob sorry :p
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by ozzy.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]
"opengl32.dll" works, because the Unity3D engine loads it anyway, no matter if started in D3D or OpenGL mode. ReShade doesn't care how it is called, once loaded it is able to hook in all cases. =)

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Kerbal Space Program 0.90 [Unity Engine]
Should be fixed with 0.16.0 too.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.