Performance problems

• LosKiwa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #1 by LosKiwa Performance problems was created by LosKiwa
Hey, I'm having really big impacts on my performance since 2 weeks. I've been using SweetFX for 3 months, and everything was okay. But these days I've been having a trouble: everygame with SweetFX or Reshade runs at 10-15 fps. I don't know, but it takes A LOT of my FPS. Please tell me what to do, because once you try SweetFX, you can't play with it. For example, yesterday, I ran the ReShade Setup Tool of ReShade with SweetFX 2.0 on Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, and even in the main menu, I had like 30 fps. My ingame FPS were like 10-15 fps. Also, when I don't have any ReShade files in the game directory (I deleted all my Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen files and reinstalled them again) and change the area I am on this game, my FPS are again at 10-15. For fixing it, all I do is (Windows Key +Tab Key).Without ReShade, I have a normal performance with little hit on it. The thing is that this also happens in all my games, when I use ReShade. I have to say that I'm on Windows 10, but the problem started using Windows 8.1 Pro. I always have my Nvidia drivers up to date. Some of my PC specs:
GTX 660
Intel Core i5 4440 3.1 GHz
8 GB RAM

The preset I'm using is this

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5006/

I recorded an ingame video. If you need more information or if you want to see the video, I can upload it. Just tell me.

Thanks!!!
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by LosKiwa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• LosKiwa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by LosKiwa Replied by LosKiwa on topic Performance problems
I don't know if anyone knows about my problem, but I want to know if someone has solution, I can't sometimes play my games because of the low FPS, please help!!

• crosire
More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Performance problems

LosKiwa wrote: For fixing it, all I do is (Windows Key +Tab Key).

This resets most of the resources stored on the GPU. So it sounds like your VRAM is filling up quickly and the system can't handle it. ReShade requires quite a bit of memory too depending on the number and kind of effects enabled, so that only makes things worse. Check your VRAM utilization and try lowering texture quality and similar in the game settings and make sure no additional software is running (other injectors, or apps that use GPU memory themselves).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.