Dark Souls 3 Steam Controller Conflict

• FatCat0
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #1 by FatCat0 Dark Souls 3 Steam Controller Conflict was created by FatCat0
It seems like it is impossible to play DS3 with a steam controller and this mod:
sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5431/

It's a ReShade preset. Not sure if the incompatibility lies in something you guys, Steam, or both would have to address but I wanted to point it out.

For what it's worth, I'm playing with an old controller and ReShade until this gets sorted out because it makes the already great-looking game absolutely fantastic

ETA: The ReShade plugin also seems to interfere with other Steam functionality. I can't use either the F12 or SteamButton+RT .shortcuts to take screenshots. If I launch the game via Big Picture mode, a lot of the time (maybe all of the time? Haven't tested extensively) the ReShade settings don't take.
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by FatCat0. Reason: Added details

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kasakka
More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #2 by kasakka Replied by kasakka on topic Dark Souls 3 Steam Controller Conflict
Can confirm having the same issue in DS3.

EDIT: Seems to be all Steam games so this must be something caused by a Steam update. Can ReShade guys fix this or is this an issue with Steam?

Note that most of us Steam Controller users use the beta version of Steam because it has the latest updates for the Steam Controller.
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by kasakka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.