ReShade + FFXIV = No steam overlay

• chairman_
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 hours ago #1 by chairman_ ReShade + FFXIV = No steam overlay was created by chairman_
So this actually happened about a month ago but after a steam update I realized that the steam overlay in Final Fantasy Online stopped working whenever reshade was present. I had previously been playing for quite a few months on 1.0 without issues. The problem is I've tried updating to the latest 2.0 just to try and it still disables the steam overlay in this game. I'm pretty sure the steam update did something because I never touched the files but now the preset works fine except I can no longer shift+tab in game, take screenshots, etc. I was hoping someone might have a solution to this. If it makes a difference I have FF as a non-steam game shortcut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 hours ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade + FFXIV = No steam overlay
Steam overlay is an injector just like ReShade. Injectors are very likely to interfer with each other because they try to hook the same things. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes you are not.

• kasakka
More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by kasakka Replied by kasakka on topic ReShade + FFXIV = No steam overlay
Is there anything that can be done about this? After some Steam update ReShade breaks Steam overlay for all games? Some injectors seem to have proxy features that let you pass any commands to other injectors and that seems to solve the issue for them.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.