Great Injector... Strange Issue

• riesscar
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by riesscar Great Injector... Strange Issue was created by riesscar
Greetings,

Let me first sincerely thank the developers of reshade for their hard work. Running Win 8.1x64 left me without postfx shaders until now.

Two issues have arisen since I installed reshade into my games, and both are related to FIFA 15:

1) The installer crashes when I select the game's exe. Doesn't occur on any other games. No big deal, but I thought I'd report it.

2) The game will only launch one time without issue. On the initial launch of the game with reshade implemented, the game and postfx work fine; however the game CTD's on all subsequent attempts to launch. I can fix this by removing the .dll, copying the original into the game folder and relaunching.

Thanks again,

Carson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Great Injector... Strange Issue
Thanks =)

riesscar wrote: I can fix this by removing the .dll, copying the original into the game folder and relaunching.

Which do you mean by "original" dll?

• riesscar
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by riesscar Replied by riesscar on topic Great Injector... Strange Issue

crosire wrote: Thanks =)

riesscar wrote: I can fix this by removing the .dll, copying the original into the game folder and relaunching.

Which do you mean by "original" dll?

FIFA 15 has a dx11 x64 exe, so I am referring to the reshade64.dll (I'm not at my computer, so I may be naming that incorrectly), which I move into my install folder and rename dxgi.dll. It seems that the game will run only if reshade is in a first-time setup state... i.e. A cautionary disclaimer pops up.

Removing the dxgi.dll alone is not enough, though. I found that I have to remove the sweetfx.fx and .log file as well, run the game without these files in the installation folder, and then reinsert them.

I can post my .log file if you'd like.

Hope this helps,

Carson

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Great Injector... Strange Issue
Removing the log alone will make the disclaimer pop up again. Sounds to me like some other software trying to hook into the game is running, which has enough time to do so while the disclaimer is shown (because ReShade is paused during that), but doesn't if not. Any overlays, game boosters, recorders or similar running?

• MrBeer
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by MrBeer Replied by MrBeer on topic Great Injector... Strange Issue
i am having problem with playclaw with battlefirld hardline do you have playclaw.

• riesscar
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by riesscar Replied by riesscar on topic Great Injector... Strange Issue

crosire wrote: Removing the log alone will make the disclaimer pop up again. Sounds to me like some other software trying to hook into the game is running, which has enough time to do so while the disclaimer is shown (because ReShade is paused during that), but doesn't if not. Any overlays, game boosters, recorders or similar running?

Yep!

I think it's because I have a modded postfx file, which I'll remove given that it's redundant... and probably messing with the AO I've been tweaking. I forgot all about it. Thanks for the reply, and I'll let you know if that was the cause.

@MrBeer

I don't have playclaw. What is it?

Thanks,

Carson

• Sh1nRa358
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic Great Injector... Strange Issue
If I'm reading right, same thing happens here with some games. Will only run once but then after, the game won't run again (even on admin account). If I right click and choose to run as admin (even if I'm already on admin account) the game will work everytime I run as admin then.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Sh1nRa358.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.