Crash Immediately in Guild Wars 2

• Vixena
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by Vixena Crash Immediately in Guild Wars 2 was created by Vixena
I have followed the manual instructions on how to install Reshade/SweetFX for the 64-bit version of Guild Wars 2, but it only results in crashes right when I enter the game. I have also done it via installing Overwolf with Reshade/SweetFX, and results in the same crashes. I installed Process Explorer to check the .dll and when I launch the game, the Reshade64.dll that I changed into d3d9.dll is highlighted in purple while everything else is in white.

What could be going on?

I do not have Razer Synapse. I even tried getting Reshade/SweetFx to work after a factory reset of my HP computer.

I would greatly appreciate any help because I feel like I'm losing my mind trying to figure out the problem. None of the fixes that I've seen working for other people have worked for me. Feels like I have a unique problem.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Vixena.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• androgyny
More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by androgyny Replied by androgyny on topic Crash Immediately in Guild Wars 2
Your problem is hardly unique. I too have this issue dont kno what to tell u in terms of help but give it a shameless hijack bump because our log look close enough

• JBeckman
More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Crash Immediately in Guild Wars 2
For a more detailed log report you can rename d3d9.log to d3d9.tracelog and it'll collect more info. :)

Guild Wars 2 should be compatible but I have read several posts on this crash issue but I have no idea what is causing it, it worked for me with 64-bit and ReShade 2.0 and I also tested it with ReShade 3.0 beta recently and it's still working here but there must be some issue somewhere because of all the reports on how it causes a crash instead.

This shouldn't make any difference as it still goes to the launcher before going to the actual game but I am using a shortcut to gw2-64.exe with the -autologin parameter (With the game client set to remember account name and password.) and the d3d9.dll file from ReShade64.dll is placed in the bin64 subfolder along with ReShade.ini for ReShade 3.0 and for 2.0 it's pretty much the same although the shader folder and ReShade.fx goes with the .dll file.
(Older ReShade versions should work pretty much the same as with 2.0 even if the file layout might differ a little bit if the preset you want to use was made with a older version of ReShade which has not been updated to the changes in 2.0, as for 3.0 it's in beta and doesn't yet contain that many effects.)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.