Cannot re-import reshade created preset

• TheCubeRBLX
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by TheCubeRBLX Cannot re-import reshade created preset was created by TheCubeRBLX
I have this problem.. I create a preset, change around the shader settings, get something pretty, I click apply, permanent push to application, and it works fine. When I close the mediator and reopen it.. BAM! My profile and preset(s) are gone!

Here's a few things you should know.

The game I am working with, is Roblox, 2006 online game where you build something in a 3d environment in a world/place, and others can play it online.

I use Reshade 1.1.0f1

So.. lemme tell you more in detail what I do. I open up the Mediator, follow the tutorial. Create and update preset, and permanently push ? to application (roblox.exe, in it's version/game folder)

First, I give my preset a name

Then, I make something nice with the shader effects. And update the profile. But then, say, I don't want the mediator open anymore, so I close it. I open it up again later, only to find that my profile and preset is GONE! And the mediator prompts me to go through the tutorial again.

The preset and profile is still in the *game directory*/Reshade/PersonalFiles/Presets ( or profiles). But upon reopening, the mediator simply does NOT recognize these files anymore.

Most of this can be blamed to my rudimentary understanding of the Mediator, and how this entire reshade stuff works. But I need some help to figure this out, please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TheCubeRBLX
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by TheCubeRBLX Replied by TheCubeRBLX on topic Cannot re-import reshade created preset
Any help, please? :(

• bopper2010
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic Cannot re-import reshade created preset
Few things you can try, I suspect the link between Mediator and the actual profiles and presets is broken so try to re install it all.

1: Re download the Reshade Framework with Mediator and once you extract the archived folder's do not run the Mediator tool yet.
2: Choose where on your PC you want to permanently store your Reshade Framework install folder, e.g My Downloads or a folder of your choice.(Do not move Mediator tool or other files out of this location).
3: Now run the Mediator tool as Admin especially on first run at least.
4: Try creating a basic profile and preset for a easy to test game, just to see if you can get it to work.
5: If the above fails to work then I have some tutorials I made on my YouTube which may help you.

TUTORIAL ON BASIC SETUP FOR RESHADE WITH MEDIATOR TOOL:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by bopper2010.

• TheCubeRBLX
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by TheCubeRBLX Replied by TheCubeRBLX on topic Cannot re-import reshade created preset
Thanks for the help. Will try later.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.