Killing Floor 2, ReShade 3.0 beta 7 crashes

• SSSekky
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1 by SSSekky Killing Floor 2, ReShade 3.0 beta 7 crashes was created by SSSekky
Hello,

Since I started to use reshade 3.0 with KF2, I experience crashing back to desktop after 10-30 mins of play,
with no error msg, it might be probably related to reshade's hook stability in the process because
I see in the brink of second before the crash happens that all overlays (steam and reshade) "reset"
and steam overlay greets me with starting corner msg like i just started the game.

I almost forgot to mention that I have to launch the game directly using KFGame.exe AND in the
exact moment when I launch steam beforehand. Process just hangs in the background not loading
further and splash screen before the game should start doesn't show up either if I
try to launch the game while steam is already running for some time. Weird.
When I manage to get in the game, the intro videos don't play properly.
After i get past that and into main menu, everything works fine, except for the upcoming crash.

Latest version of ReShade's 2.0 Framework works without any of these issues.

I've tried to disable most of the background processes plus steam overlay itself but that surprisingly did not help.
Crashes both with and without any effects no matter the performance and configuration mode, tested on
GTX 1070, AMD 7950.

I suspect this might be a game specific crash, but I don't really know, just wild guessing here.
As this is my one of my favorite games, I'm posting here as a last resort including
Event Viewer, dxgi.txt logs.

EDIT:

The same thing also happens with Ryse: Son of Rome and probably more DX11 games.

I appreciate any kind of insight to this problem, thanks. ;)

Event Viewer:
Warning: Spoiler!

DXGI:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by SSSekky. Reason: issue can be experienced in more games

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SSSekky
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #2 by SSSekky Replied by SSSekky on topic Killing Floor 2, ReShade 3.0 beta 7 crashes
UPDATE:

Unfortunately, I experience this in pretty much every game I play, same crashes with Borderlands 2, Deus Ex Mankind Divided,
Resident Evil 6. Latest version of ReShade's 2.0 Framework in any combination of shaders once again works flawlessly.
For now I'll have to the stick 2.0 and I'm really looking forward to upcoming updates for 3.0, hopefully fixing this issue one day.

Lastly, I send big thanks to every kind soul contributing to the already big shaders pool, It's just a joy to experiment!
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by SSSekky. Reason: listed a wrong game before

• SSSekky
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by SSSekky Replied by SSSekky on topic Killing Floor 2, ReShade 3.0 beta 8 crashes
BETA 8:

Good news: all issues from the second paragraph (except the last sentence) of original post were fixed :woohoo: :woohoo: :

Bad news: The crashes are still happening as described in the first paragraph of original post
with the exception of overlays not bugging out anymore.

Event viewer output is the same as OP's.

DXGI log i see has a new format in Beta 8, so here i post it:

I hope this helps. Plus, I'm glad the new beta made a great difference, for the better! ;)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by SSSekky. Reason: added DXGI log pastebin link

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.