Reshade doesn't work [Nvidia Optimus]

• Mistiks
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by Mistiks Reshade doesn't work [Nvidia Optimus] was created by Mistiks
Tried running windowed and fullscreen modes for Fallout 4 and DA:I , Fallout 4 had black screen and DA:I had upper left corner black screen and rest white screen.

Both games stop loading once those screens appear (task manager shows no increase in memory for the applications)

This is my log from DA:I

Warning: Spoiler!

Tried using the latest Version 2.0.3 version and the latest Beta Version , neither made any changes.

Fresh windows 10 install , have no possible overlays and i'm using latest Nvidia drivers for my 960M card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mistiks
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #2 by Mistiks Replied by Mistiks on topic Reshade doesn't work [Nvidia Optimus]
Update

Tried compatibility mode of Windows 7 and running as administrator.

Installed directx_Jun2010_redist via DXSETUP.exe of course.

Game runs with integrated and utilizes Reshade , so it appears that Nvidia trash is at fault but I cannot get older 3.4xxx version drivers on Nvidia's site.

Renaming dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll launches the game but Reshade doesn't work , here is the log file.

[strike]What magically works though is when DA:I is windowed or borderless windowed mode and you launch the game and then click on any other opened folder or browser or anything to focus on , the game actually starts up in the background without the weird "fullscreen attempt into black box and white background box" screen.[/strike]

Nevermind , reshade effects don't work , they seem to get turned off. Can still take screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/ltbD3
Process dll's attached to DA:I
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Mistiks.

• Mistiks
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #3 by Mistiks Replied by Mistiks on topic Reshade doesn't work [Nvidia Optimus]
Last update.

Finally got reshade working but it is still only a workaround.

Using the 3.0 beta version of reshade I managed to launch any game (windowed or fullscreen windowed) by double clicking on it and then clicking on a folder or anything else to focus the game out so it runs in the background and reshade loads up. Basically the old method I used to get my d3d11.dll working which didnt utilize any effects though.

TL;DR Use 3.0 versions , double click/run the game and immediately click on any opened folder window or desktop or anything so the windowed game runs in the background. After few seconds it will load up reshade and then you can run it,

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.