[SOLVED] Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by microtech Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade? was created by microtech
I applied Reshade to battlefield 4 and it seemed to work except now I have no keyboard or mouse interaction with the game. I can't even hit escape to get a menu.

I remove the reshade DLL and everything works perfectly.

I have other games working fine but what the heck is up with this? Maybe I just need to reboot or something? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Does that happen even with the in-game menu closed? Because as long as it is open, game input is disabled (unless you deactivate that on the settings tab under "Input Mode").

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Hello and thanks for the reply! Yes it does happen even if the menu is up or not, I thought you were on to something so I tried it again. The menu wasn't open and it didn't work, I open the menu and it pops up the reshade menu fine. I closed it with shift+f2 and still no input to the game, even ESC doesn't work. Then I opened the reshade menu again and changed that input setting to PASS ON ALL INPUT or whatever the wording is, the one to pass through the input. I thought for sure this was going to work, but nope still my character just can't move in any way, keyboard, mouse, ESC menu, nothing.

Strange!

I am playing multiplayer online... maybe they block reshade?

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Could you try it in the campaign? Also, could you post the log file ReShade via a service like pastebin?

I don't own Battlefield 4, so I tried in Battlefield 3 again, since that's as close as I can get, but it works fine there.

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Hey there good sir! Thanks again for the reply.

I tried campaign, same exact thing. I've never even opened campaign before so it started a brand new game. On the start screen it says HIT ENTER and it won't even recognize the enter key. I did shift+f2 and change to pass all input again, still nothing.

So I checked out the dxgi txt file and here it is, I imagine that has to be the log:

pastebin.com/WG4U8v38

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
'RegisterRawInputDevices' failed with error code 87!
That explains why it doesn't work. But why that fails I can't explain. ReShade doesn't modify any of the parameters to the call.

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #7 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Hrmmm weird indeed.

I have tried to install it a few times now... I am picking the Direct3D 10+ option which I imagine it has to be.

I have a filco majestouch 2 and its actually using a USB to PS/2 converer and plugged in with oldschool ps/2. The mouse is a logitech g900 which is wireless and using a USB receiver. Not sure if any of that matters.

Windows 10 64 bit with the latest anniversary update and all patches (there were even some it installed today haha).

Hrmm weirdddd... I'll think it over a bit more, maybe I'll try on my other computer I have here with a GTX 1060, this one is a 980Ti currently.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Does it work with older ReShade versions?

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #9 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Good question, I actually just started using reshade within the last 24 hours haha!

I would imagine I just get one of these legacy ones and do the same kind of install where you point it at the executable? And I can still use the newer version for all other games right?

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Pick the ReShade with SweetFX one. The installation procedure is the closest to ReShade 3.0 there.
And yeah, I wouldn't use those legacy versions otherwise. But it's a nice way to check whether a newer change causes your problems.

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #11 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
OK I will try here in a bit.

Just to be sure, I want to pick the bf4.exe right not the bf4_x86.exe? I imagine so, this is a 64 bit system but maybe that is why?

EDIT - I tried it with the older ReShade, exact same thing, no input at all. Here is the log:

pastebin.com/P8Q8sfAy
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by microtech.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
That's strange. I'm pretty positive older versions worked fine with the game. There are lots of Screenshots floating around the web proving so. I'm a bit lost here to be honest.

• microtech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #13 by microtech Replied by microtech on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Weird I guess I could try reinstalling but every other game plays just fine with reshade.

I wonder if all the people that have had it working are running 64bit battlefield? Maybe that somehow makes a difference, not sure, but I saw it was definitely running the 64bit executable.

• gdiddy62
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #14 by gdiddy62 Replied by gdiddy62 on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
I am having the same experience with Star Wars Battlefront after the latest origin update and Windows 10 update as well. I'm thinking one of the updates borked something. I reinstalled my game and origin and without reshade, it worked fine. After reshade (v2.0) nothing moves and no keyboard??
Very strange indeed, but it must be something in one of the updates as mine was working perfectly prior to the updates. Both were installed on the same night so I have no way of telling which. Does that maybe help you in troubleshooting crosire??
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by gdiddy62. Reason: grammar

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #15 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
I am having the same issues... im useing reshader in BF4 and SW BF... this sucks big time.
Maybe its after the recent origin or windows update :(

I have to delete the dxgi.dll so far to be able to play the games... But the graphics are really dull now :(

Reinstalling the games??? ooooh I cant imaging doing this for both BF4 and SW BF... we are talking alot of GB downloading again :(
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Mbm.

• gdiddy62
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #16 by gdiddy62 Replied by gdiddy62 on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Do NOT reinstall! I did that and it does NOT help the issue at all! :(
Which version of reshade are you using Mbm?
Hopefully crosire can find time to figure the issue out??
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by gdiddy62.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 6 months ago #17 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
I do have BF4 on one of my origin accounts, maybe I can help debugging crosire?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdiddy62

• gdiddy62
More
7 years 6 months ago #18 by gdiddy62 Replied by gdiddy62 on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Any help appreciated!!

Thank you!!

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #19 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?
Sorry, I won't have time to do anything related to ReShade for at least a week. Afterwards, maybe.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdiddy62

• Mbm
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #20 by Mbm Replied by Mbm on topic Battlefield 4 can't move after reshade?

gdiddy62 wrote: Do NOT reinstall! I did that and it does NOT help the issue at all! :(
Which version of reshade are you using Mbm?
Hopefully crosire can find time to figure the issue out??

for the preset i like is the same for both BF4 and SW BF.. I belive it is shader 1.1 but I have also tried with other releases.. also the new ver. 3..
same issues..

I think it is very wierd the shaders has anything to do with the controllers??
and it took my some time to figure out that it was the shader that was causing the issues..
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Mbm.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.