ReShade 3.0 [OpenGL] with Starbound (64-bit)

• DiSektion
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by DiSektion ReShade 3.0 [OpenGL] with Starbound (64-bit) was created by DiSektion
Whenever I try to install ReShade 3.0 with the 64-bit version of Starbound, the game will refuse to fully start, it will run in the background stopped at about 123MB of memory usage and not gain 1 Kilobit more, I don't know if is just there is no support for the 64-bit version or if something I'm doing is wrong? When I read the dll it tells me its the 32-bit injector, is there no 64-bit injector for opengl? Or does it not matter? Either way the game seems to boot with older versions of ReShades if I use the ReShade64.dll renamed to OpenGL32 as it should. But just not with the newest version of ReShade? Anything can be done?

Edit: Looking at the log file after fiddling around and multiple re-installs, it seems to hang at a SDL something or other.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by DiSektion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic ReShade 3.0 [OpenGL] with Starbound (64-bit)
Starbound 64bits tested right now, and no errors occurred, all loaded normally.
I activated HQ4X and CRT to test.
I just chose the executable > OpenGL and click "Play Starbound".
100% working!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by WalterDasTrevas.

• DiSektion
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by DiSektion Replied by DiSektion on topic ReShade 3.0 [OpenGL] with Starbound (64-bit)
You're not using ReShade 3.0 then? Because that version (the newest) just installs the files to the directory of the executable, then closes the installer, no launch button. You know the one where you configure the settings while ingame, that is the version I am attempting to use and it's not working. IF that is the version you're using can you tell me how you got it to work?

I have also come to the conclusion that installing ReShade 3.0 to either the 32-bit version or 64-bit version of Starbound does not work however the older versions of ReShade work fine for BOTH. I do not understand why they do not work other than something in the output log I posted in the spoiler.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #4 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic ReShade 3.0 [OpenGL] with Starbound (64-bit)
I'm using Reshade 3 "official" version.
I just chose the executable, and everything works normally.

imgur.com/a/MYwIw

StarBound Steam Version.

Obviously you have deleted the previous ReShade versions inside the game folder, right?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by WalterDasTrevas.

• DiSektion
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #5 by DiSektion Replied by DiSektion on topic ReShade 3.0 [OpenGL] with Starbound (64-bit)
Yeah, Fresh Install. It just never boots. Could it be some messed up thing like how its installed on a drive other than the main harddrive where my Windows is installed?

Edit: No dice, even on the C:\ Drive I still get the same problem. Game doesn't start, 32-bit dll is installed for 64-bit executable, and even after copying the 64-bit version (by ((installing)) the ReShade onto a 64-bit executable and dropping it into the Starbound win64 folder) it still does not work. Same log. It just stops at:
Warning: Spoiler!

Edit 2: To clarify it doesn't start and spits the same error with both the 32-bit version and 64-bit versions of Starbound/OpenGL.dll.. Just hangs at 122,000-123,000KB of memory usage in the task manager until I kill it. ( I left it on for nearly 10 minutes to see if it was doing anything, I tried running Visual Studiop debugger on it to see what was happening but nothing was happening..

Edit 3: ~TOO MANY EDITS~
In the Starbound Log itself, it stops at
[21:05:49.235] [Info] Application: Initializing SDL Sound

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.