Witcher 2 computer freeze requiring manual restart

• BrandonHortman
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by BrandonHortman Witcher 2 computer freeze requiring manual restart was created by BrandonHortman
I tried disabling a lot of effects to see if one of them was causing the freeze, but no dice.
Only removing the D3D9.DLL from the bin folder cured the freeze. Seems to be around cut screens close to battle, but its inconsistent.
No log files, no errors, no blue screen, no report. I don't know how to help

My hardware is as follows. for good measure
AMD 8370
290X in crossfire
16 gb of ram
1000w psu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BrandonHortman
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Witcher 2 computer freeze requiring manual restart
Here is the d3d9.log file. pastebin.com/7XqQwbYF
I didn't think I showed an error, but I'll still post it because it is all that I have.
There is no crash report in the app data file for witcher2, only for games I haven't played in a while.
If I do find a solution or solve my own ignorance one, then I will post said solution here.
Going to try without ubersampling enabled.

• kaffeekraz
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #3 by kaffeekraz Replied by kaffeekraz on topic Witcher 2 computer freeze requiring manual restart
Same thing happens for me.
Tracelog shows nothing wrong (I think), the last thing to pop up before the crash was '23/03/2015 01:20:29:388 [02276] | TRACE | Switched depth source to depthstencil 142436C0.'

Reshade is working perfectly fine until the game is crashing, mostly during or shortly before cutscenes.
The game is running flawlessly without Reshade hooked.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Witcher 2 computer freeze requiring manual restart

BrandonHortman wrote: Here is the d3d9.log file

Is this still the case with the latest version, since that log file was created with 0.14? =)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.