[SOLVED] Final Fantasy IX Widescreen with Reshade

• SenSx
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1 by SenSx Final Fantasy IX Widescreen with Reshade was created by SenSx
Hi,

I'm trying to play Final Fantasy IX in widescreen, by following this guide:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665517922

It says to download reshade version 1.1, which is supposed to be an archive.
But all I find is the newer 3.3 version, which is an executable, and I don't know what to do with it.

Where can I find the good old 1.1 reshade only version ( not the bundle with sweet FX I suppose, apparently, only the reshade folder works for FFIX)

Thx

Edit : I finally found the Reshade 1.1 file here
www.mediafire.com/file/qzt57592861g1fv/ReShade+1.1.0f1.7z

It now works like a charm.

But the older version of Reshade should not be that hard to find.
You should be able to download any older verison on the official site....
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by SenSx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Final Fantasy IX Widescreen with Reshade
It should be that hard to find because it should no longer be used. ReShade 3.0 is so much better in every possible way and much easier to use for new users.

• brussell
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Final Fantasy IX Widescreen with Reshade
As long as there are games that do not work with Reshade 3 (just to name a few: Chronicles of Riddick, games with Dunia engine that only work with pre0.19.1 releases), there should be a possibility to download legacy releases. You could at least provide the dlls without the framework/sweetfx crosire. I think that would be appreciated by many (now that the dropbox link seems to be dead?).
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by brussell.

• SenSx
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by SenSx Replied by SenSx on topic Final Fantasy IX Widescreen with Reshade
I'm very thankfull for this program, but as brussell said, as long as some games do not support the latest version, all previous ones should be available !

Maybe some of those games do support 3.0, but there are guides to mod some games that were made with old version.
So people might not be able to apply those changes with the new builds.

For Final Fantasy 9, if you know nothing about those tools, and you want to play in widescreen, you have to follow that kind of guides that were made with old Reshade 1.1
If you don't find it, you are screwed.
I struggled to find it.

The official site should be the N°1 place for that.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.