[SOLVED] GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!?

• K00zyk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1 by K00zyk GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!? was created by K00zyk
Okay, so I just tried downloading 3.0, i saw all these videos on youtube how to do it etc etc but it was all on 2.0.
The "Folder" everyone talks about that comes up after download and extract isnt there, its just the file. Which brings me to a "find game" pop up.
I decided to try it, found my game, clicked the middle Direct3d 1-+, and clicked yes to all the check marks.

thought id go in the game, game wont even open now... the game is Riders of Icarus
Can someone help me out please!?!?!?
Thank you!
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by K00zyk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kuniyo
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!?
We need some more information :)

What game and which version of directx does it use? or is it opengl?
does it produce a log in the game folder? (for example dxgi.log)

• K00zyk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by K00zyk Replied by K00zyk on topic GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!?
Oh sorry, i forgot to give that info... it was late at night

Its Riders of Icarus. I was just starting to get into it and now i cant play it lol
I dont know how to check what version if directx it uses, i w=just guessed cause there was no clear info on any site what to do that i could find...

• K00zyk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by K00zyk Replied by K00zyk on topic GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!?
I just looked on my laptop, says its running DirectX 12.
I tried updating my game with a patch that came out, and it still wont open. it wants to, but then stops and doesn't respond anymore. no matter how long i leave it.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!?
You likely have some third party software running that interfers with ReShade and causes it to crash. Check reshade.me/compatibility for some known culprints. The game appears to be a DirectX 9 game, so choose that option next time. Anyway, to uninstall ReShade and get your game working again for now, delete dxgi.dll from your game folder. Alternativly try to rename it to d3d9.dll first (the *.ini too), that's what would have happened had you chosen the "Direct3D 8/9" option in the setup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: K00zyk

• K00zyk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by K00zyk Replied by K00zyk on topic GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!?
I cant find rider of icarus in the compatibility thing.. I dont really know what im looking for.
Im major n00b at reshade. i typically just mod with drag and drop style, but this is hard to figure out lol

I ended up uninstalling and redownloading the game just to get it to work again... I dont suppose theres any chance you can hop on TeamViewer and show me where im going wrong? :)

• K00zyk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by K00zyk Replied by K00zyk on topic GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!?
WAIT it worked! i tried what you said and it worked.
Now i just need to figure out how to get this put in it.... sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5839/

Thats what I've been working towards the whole time. The instructions arent clear on it. They say extract to Bin64 and overwrite, but i did... and it didnt overwrite anything. So im at a loss again lol

• Gar Stazi
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #8 by Gar Stazi Replied by Gar Stazi on topic GAME WONT WORK ANYMORE!?!?!?
That preset is for Reshade 2.0, you are using Reshade 3.0.
If you want, install Reshade again and then transfer the preset settings manually (by looking at the preset settings and using the same values for each shader on the in-game UI)
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gar Stazi.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.