SweetFX and Reshade

• lucasw89
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by lucasw89 SweetFX and Reshade was created by lucasw89
Hey, glorious master race.

I have a question regarding Reshade, sweetfx and all the presets:

Firstly, is SweetFX and ReShade the same thing? and if so, which should I use?
Secondly, how do I install the presets? I get how to run reshade, select the game, select the DX version. But all the settings are a bit confusing to me. I just want the game to look as good as possible(Dishonored).

Thanks for your time. Any and all help is appreciated.

Have a nice day. - Lucas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX and Reshade

lucasw89 wrote: Firstly, is SweetFX and ReShade the same thing?

No!! SweetFX is a collection of post-processing shaders. Those alone don't help you much though, you need something to get them into your game. That's where ReShade comes into play, it's the software that makes all the magic happen. As of ReShade 3.0 it is no longer distributed with SweetFX anymore, but rather its own community-created shaders (which are a lot more effects than SweetFX had to offer).

lucasw89 wrote: and if so, which should I use?

You'll need ReShade either way, but it's best to use ReShade 3.0 as that is much newer and comes with a lot more effects and features.

lucasw89 wrote: Secondly, how do I install the presets? I get how to run reshade, select the game, select the DX version. But all the settings are a bit confusing to me. I just want the game to look as good as possible(Dishonored).

Download a preset made for ReShade 3.0 and put it into the game directory. Next time you launch the game ReShade will pick it up and add it to the preset selection in the in-game menu for you.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucasw89

• lucasw89
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by lucasw89 Replied by lucasw89 on topic SweetFX and Reshade
Thanks for the answer, it clarified a lot.

So i just have to get a preset that says: "ReShade Framwork"?

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SweetFX and Reshade
Well, the problem there is that before ReShade 3.0, the project was labeled ReShade Framework and much more complicated to set up and use. Still, many presets under the "ReShade Framework" were done against that version. Most recent presets are for 3.0 though, so just check what the preset description says. If it says the preset is for 3.0 you are good to go. If it says you need to download some folder with 20mb+ files, then it's not and you're best of trying another one.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.