[SOLVED] Cliffs of Dover problem

• Baffin
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1 by Baffin Cliffs of Dover problem was created by Baffin
When v 3.0.3 works, it's great. It always works well the first time I start up after booting the computer. But, on my system, I frequently get a launcher fail from which there is no recovery when I leave the ATAG Axis v Allies server while using DeBander (The only thing I use). Computer restart is my best remedy.

I've removed the reshade added files from the game directory and everything has returned to normal, with rings around the sun again. :( Be forewarned...
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Baffin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cliffs of Dover problem
What sort of "Launcher fail"? Is there an error displayed somewhere?

• Baffin
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by Baffin Replied by Baffin on topic Cliffs of Dover problem
"Launcher Fail" is a bad description on my part. Please forget that term.
I think that the dxgi.dll fails to load or unload if you have quit the game the game.

Here's what happens:

When I start the game "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover", everything works well. This "Steam" game always starts in an offline mode, then may be routed through online servers so that players may compete with each other as pilots participating in the Battle of Britain. Shift+F2 brings up the ReShade overlay normally and the DeBander effect works very well both online and when connected. At the conclusion of play, I must leave the server, and then I may choose to leave the game altogether.

If I choose to leave the game completely, the game will not restart. The computer opens a startup screen and locks up. The windows task manager must then be used to interrupt the startup process and return to the desktop. This behavior repeats each time I try to restart the game. If I delete the dxgi.dll from the game folder, the game will then start normally but of course, ReShader is no longer available.

If I reboot the computer and make sure that the dxgi.dll is in the game folder, the game and ReShader work normally until I leave the game again.

NON-SOLUTION EDIT: I thought the problem seemed to stem from Nvidia FXAA. I had FXAA enabled from the Nvidia Control Panel during my problem sessions. I disabled that NCP feature, and enabled FXAA.fx in ReShade along with Deband.fx. It has worked properly only once since this change. The problem continues after two sessions.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Baffin. Reason: Retract solution

• Baffin
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by Baffin Replied by Baffin on topic Cliffs of Dover problem
ReShader 3.0.4 has been released! I had five restarts during actual game play with no problems. It's as if I have my own private programmer... :)

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Cliffs of Dover problem
I take it's working then now. Cheers.

• Baffin
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by Baffin Replied by Baffin on topic Cliffs of Dover problem
It's working very well now. I shall laud and magnify your name in the ATAG forums!

• JG1_Vonrd
More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by JG1_Vonrd Replied by JG1_Vonrd on topic Cliffs of Dover problem
I've just loaded 3.0.4 but I'm getting a "Launcher Failure" as Baffin describes except that the game doesn't load even the first time. If I delete the dxgi.dll the game starts but I don't get the Reshade interface when I hit shift F2. I have Sweetfx installed. GeForce GTX 970, DX11, Win 7 64bit.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.