[SOLVED] Version 3.0.5 and The Sims 3 issues [screenshots]

• rainbow
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by rainbow Version 3.0.5 and The Sims 3 issues [screenshots] was created by rainbow
Hello! I just started using ReShade from this new version, and I'm a bit of a newbie, so this might be a stupid question :P I had no troubles on the installation. I've been playing with all the graphic configs turned on (anti-alising, advanced shading, advanced rendering, etc) and on fullscreen mode, and most of the shaders are working on and off, but everytime I load my game, settings come back to the tutorial. My presets were lost every single time, and I guess I solved this by creating an .ini file on notepad and then pasting it into sims3 folder. The annoying part is that either I can't take screenshots or they won't be saved... How can I solve this?
Also, I can't make DOF autofocus work. It works fine when I turn it down, the screen gets all blurry and the bokeh changes as I change its values or zoom in and out, so I suppose it's working fine... except for the Autofocus. When it's on, it's the same as nothing. What am I doing wrong? :ohmy:
I already tried to disable the in-game rendering options and playing in windowed mode, but that didn't solve the problem either.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I discovered why auto DOF wasn't working (disable edge smoothing, in case someone has the same problem), but still I don't know how to fix the screenshot thing. Anyone?
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by rainbow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Version 3.0.5 and The Sims 3 issues [screenshots]
You likely do not have writing permissions to the game folder (which is the default for folders in the program Files directory) so ReShade cannot create any new files. To fix that either run the game as administrator or go to the game's folder properties (right click on folder > Properties), the security tab and give your user full permissions.

• rainbow
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by rainbow Replied by rainbow on topic Version 3.0.5 and The Sims 3 issues [screenshots]
Wow, so simple indeed! Thanks, Crossire :) It's working perfectly now!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.