ReShade on project64

• RetroHell
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by RetroHell ReShade on project64 was created by RetroHell
Hi, i've been wondering (as the title implies) if anyone could briefly explain how to set up reshade with Project64,I have tried the normal setup, but it does not work. I apologize if this seems like a dumb questions, I'm pretty new to ReShade and shaders in general. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic ReShade on project64
I've gotten it to work by using a DX9 graphics plugin in Project64 and using the 32-bit ReShade.dll renamed to d3d9.dll. The plugin I'm using is Rice Video 6.1.3, which, if you don't have it, you can grab right here:
www.mediafire.com/download/v4qels44rgi2n...iceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by SunBroDave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RetroHell

• Sh1nRa358
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic ReShade on project64
As for opengel, It works for me with glide with opengl.dll. If one version of glide doesn't work, try replacing the glideHQ.dll with an older version. It didn't work for me until I did the same thing. I haven't tested the brand new gliden64 that's in progress though. Post your reshade log file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RetroHell

• legaiaflame
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #4 by legaiaflame Replied by legaiaflame on topic ReShade on project64

SunBroDave wrote: I've gotten it to work by using a DX9 graphics plugin in Project64 and using the 32-bit ReShade.dll renamed to d3d9.dll. The plugin I'm using is Rice Video 6.1.3, which, if you don't have it, you can grab right here:
www.mediafire.com/download/v4qels44rgi2n...iceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll

Can someone explain in more detail step by step how SunBroDave got Reshade working with the Rice Video plugin? It's not too clear to me, what he did...LIke everyone else I only got it working with the Glide64 plugin.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by legaiaflame.

• legaiaflame
More
4 years 10 months ago #5 by legaiaflame Replied by legaiaflame on topic ReShade on project64
I kind of figured out how to use the Rice plugin:

-Alternate Project64 method: Rehade Setup will install one of 3 DLL files in your main emulator directory/folder: d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll, or opengl32.dll. If you already installed ReShade with OpenGL change the main dll file that ReShade made to d3d9.dll. Note: make sure you know what the original dll file name was before you change it, in case you want to change it back. This will allow you to use the Rice video plugin. Note, might not work on every game. The Rice plugin looks better resolution-wise if your using ReShade Depth3D with VR.

-1964 emulator (N64 Emulator, copy and paste plugins from project64 to 1964 plugin folder) Now add one more plugin to that folder. Go find and download RiceVideo 6.1.4 and paste its contents into the 1964 emulator plugin folder. Note, again you will have various results with different games. Try all the plugins or reinstall ReShade with OpenGL and use the glide64 plugin. Switch back and forth between Project 64 and 1964, using different plugins to see what works best for you.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.