Reshade 3.05 crashes Metal Gear Rising 3.03 doesnt

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by Sunesha Reshade 3.05 crashes Metal Gear Rising 3.03 doesnt was created by Sunesha
So had some trouble to get to work with MGRR with Reshade 3.05. It crashed the game before it loads all shaders. So first tried by just having Adaptive Sharpening if it was a shader problem. Though after a lot tries with renaming the reshade32.dll to diffrent names, launching the game as adminstrator.

Though no luck, so went through my archives of reshade version starting with 1.10f then 2.03 version. All started up great. Then I found a old reshade 3.03 version to my surprise it actually works exactly as it should. So yes I am glad as I can use it. But something weird is going on for sure 3.06 version, though this may be a indviulal case for just this game.

I attach here the log of 3.05 launch below. To describe what is happening in front of my eyes. I launch the game with 3.05 version, when games intial launch has been executed and come to the normal rolls of logo. I see Reshade load but the game crashes att diffrent points of initial loading of Reshade

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 3.05 crashes Metal Gear Rising 3.03 doesnt

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Reshade 3.05 crashes Metal Gear Rising 3.03 doesnt
Thanks for taking your time to answer at this time of year.

Yes it is a DX9 game. I tried out that test version, game launched without issue and with my preset working too. I only played for 10-15 minutes. But I had no issues switching resolutions, Reshade reloaded without any problems.

I will play the game a bit more. Though whatever reason that stopped Reshade 3.05 from working didn't have any other issues. But I expect to report back in a couple days without any hitches.

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Reshade 3.05 crashes Metal Gear Rising 3.03 doesnt
If I am not mistaken, I got the same error with that game using 3.0.5. But if I use 3.0.3 the game will not crash... But I wonder how to fix it with the latest version of ReShade. The same thing occur with Gods Eater Burst. I have the same ending of the log that I get with Rising. And again, if I use 3.0.3 with Gods Eater, the game will not crash.

reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/2738-a-...ith-gods-eater-burst

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #5 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Reshade 3.05 crashes Metal Gear Rising 3.03 doesnt

Wicked Sick wrote: If I am not mistaken, I got the same error with that game using 3.0.5. But if I use 3.0.3 the game will not crash... But I wonder how to fix it with the latest version of ReShade. The same thing occur with Gods Eater Burst. I have the same ending of the log that I get with Rising. And again, if I use 3.0.3 with Gods Eater, the game will not crash.

reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/2738-a-...ith-gods-eater-burst

Have you tried the test version Crosire linked to. So far that version is working for me.

Don't have Gods eater, so can't test it with test version

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #6 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Reshade 3.05 crashes Metal Gear Rising 3.03 doesnt
I played two hours without issues yesterday. I also just started the game a couple of times. So Yeah, the test version works with this game

• Wicked Sick
More
7 years 3 months ago #7 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Reshade 3.05 crashes Metal Gear Rising 3.03 doesnt
Hi.The test version also worked with Gods Eater resurrection.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.