[SOLVED] Reshade 3.0 + does not work with DX8

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by Dwill0328 Reshade 3.0 + does not work with DX8 was created by Dwill0328
If you try to add reshade to a DX8 game it adds the D3D9 files to the game and does not work. Please fix this as i really would like to use the new MXAO from reshade3 on all my dx8 games. I am currently using older version of reshade that allows you to manually select DX8 installation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 3.0 + does not work with DX8
Yeah, of course. The setup explicitly tells you that you need reshade.me/d3d8to9 too. ReShade no longer comes with that wrapper integrated, so to allow the use of alternatives (e.g. dgVoodoo2).

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #3 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic Reshade 3.0 + does not work with DX8
It seems like reshade 3 is intended to have DX8 support as it is listed Direct3D 8/9 as one of the selector buttons. I do not see the notification on the installer like you mentioned either
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Dwill0328.

• crosire
More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 3.0 + does not work with DX8
Selecting D3D8/9 on a D3D8 game opens a messagebox asking you to download d3d8to9. Provided the game executable references D3D8.

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic Reshade 3.0 + does not work with DX8
edit: Ok i found the reshades d3d8.dll file, i believe this to be the converter you mentioned

Max payne 2 says perfect reshade compatibility

Here is exactly what i did, tell me if you see anything wrong
-Ran reshade setup 3.0.6, selected maxpayne2.exe, then selected DX8/9 setting and it installed. Only message i got was "download list of common shaders?" so i pressed yes

Tried game and reshade did not load so i googled "reshade d3d8to9" and it took me to the reshade directory where i found and downloaded d3d8.dll

Dragged d3d8.dll into game directory, tried reshade again and nothing still. (then i tried again and deleted the d3d9.dll that was placed in their from the reshade install) and still nothing

I think the problem is that reshade3 installs the dx9 files to the game dir and not dx8

Cant you give DX8 and DX9 their own buttons?
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Dwill0328.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.