Reshade heavily tinted one of my monitors green?

• Sheepcreep
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by Sheepcreep Reshade heavily tinted one of my monitors green? was created by Sheepcreep
So before I get into the nitty gritty, just a general checklist of replies I know I'm going to get:

This is a long standing thing, not just one time/recent.
By "long time" I mean several months, so obviously I've booted up and down and all around many times since.
I have messed with my monitor's color config already, nothing has helped.
I've swapped the cables.
It only seems to happen if I use Reshade with the game Dragon Age Inquisiton, the only other game I use reshade with being Guild Wars 2 has no issue.
No, it's not from over heating.
No, my graphics card isn't bad. I recently got a replacement/upgrade and have flipped it into a different computer to check. The issue didn't happen on there either.

Now that that's out of the way. I've had this rather unsightly green tinge to the entirety of my main monitor since I (accidentally, actually) launched DAI with reshade tacked on in, I'm going to say November? It's not just when I have games running, it's a constant. Reshade does not show up in my processes or task bar or anything of the sort. Normally it'd just be some mild inconvenience, but seeing as I am a digital artist by trade, having my color balance off on my monitor is bad for business.
I've even since had to reinstall windows due to a HDD failure last month, and the tint is *still* present. I'm running W10 64bit, got a GTX 1050TI, and...no clue how to fix this ha ha ha. Ideas anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade heavily tinted one of my monitors green?
No. This is not related to ReShade. As in at all. ReShade is no process, or executable or anything that runs in the background. It is code that only ever runs if a game runs where the ReShade DLL was copied to. It processes the game output. It doesn't touch your monitor whatsoever. If you run the game in window mode only the part of the monitor where the game is on would see effects. ReShade doesn't even know a monitor exists.

What you are describing can happen for instance if a pin on the DVI cabel plug does not connect properly in which case some color channels are not send to the display properly. HDMI has some similar data streams, so I think this can happen there too (only experienced it with DVI so far though). In my case the cabel would come lose every few months on its own, which tinted the entire screen green. Fixed itself after putting it back into place. Either way, it's not ReShade.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
7 years 1 month ago #3 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Reshade heavily tinted one of my monitors green?
Sound like he needs to set his color format. Try setting it to RGB full or limited.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.