DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by DDoutel DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover was created by DDoutel
This is happening with the latest build of ReShade, and has happened with the previous version as well. It's happening quite a lot; here's the Windows 10 Event Log entry for the latest one:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          3/2/2017 4:31:09 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      
Description:
Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_Launcher, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d6e3d08
Faulting module name: dxgi.dll, version: 3.0.6.164, time stamp: 0x58692671
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000b0d03
Faulting process id: 0x3f8c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2939887c04d3f
Faulting application path: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\dxgi.dll
Report Id: a250e0c2-9c40-4d67-a9d5-3db475ae1ef3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-02T21:31:09.230378600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>59560</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Liberty</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Launcher.exe_Launcher</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4d6e3d08</Data>
    <Data>dxgi.dll</Data>
    <Data>3.0.6.164</Data>
    <Data>58692671</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000b0d03</Data>
    <Data>3f8c</Data>
    <Data>01d2939887c04d3f</Data>
    <Data>E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\Launcher.exe</Data>
    <Data>E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\dxgi.dll</Data>
    <Data>a250e0c2-9c40-4d67-a9d5-3db475ae1ef3</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

It looks like a standard old GP fault, perhaps a null pointer reference? I can get you the C++ runtime crash dump if you want to debug with Visual Studio.

Thanks,
DDoutel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by DDoutel Replied by DDoutel on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
Really? No one knows anything about this?

• direis
More
7 years 1 month ago #3 by direis Replied by direis on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
I was having a similar issue with Skryim SE.. did this and it fixed it: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/2912-so...shes-alien-isolation

in my case, I just renamed the dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll

• crosire
More
7 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
Does it crash at startup up or during gameplay?

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #5 by DDoutel Replied by DDoutel on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
Hi Crosire,

It crashes before flight, usually when selecting an aircraft or load out.

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #6 by DDoutel Replied by DDoutel on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover

direis wrote: I was having a similar issue with Skryim SE.. did this and it fixed it: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/2912-so...shes-alien-isolation

in my case, I just renamed the dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll

I'll give this a try and see if that does the trick for me. Thanks!

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #7 by DDoutel Replied by DDoutel on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
Ok, renaming to D3D11.dll doesn't work; no effects take effect, and I can't get the in-game dialog. I also renamed the dxgi.ini, thinking that Crosire might have been using the DLL's base name to find it, but same result; no effects, and no dialog.

Back to square one.

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #8 by DDoutel Replied by DDoutel on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
Bump; I've had to go back to ReShade 2.0.3. It works; 3.0.6 doesn't...

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #9 by DDoutel Replied by DDoutel on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
I regret to report that the thread synchronization re-introduced in the 3.07 build has not resolved the crash issue in IL2: Cliffs of Dover. If you want the Windows log dump, let me know; it appears a little different than the one from the 3.06 build.

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #10 by DDoutel Replied by DDoutel on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
Crosire,

If you could help me figure this out, I'd greatly appreciate it. ReShade is an essential for me in terms of contact visibility in-game, and I'm eager to move to the 3.x from the 2.x I've had to revert to, as there are some shaders and settings my friends (and enemies) are using that are in 3.x that aren't in the 2.x version. Add to this that it's much more difficult and time-consuming to get a good profile set up in 2.x than in 3.x.

Here is the Application Error from the Windows Event Log:

Warning: Spoiler!

And here is the new .NET Runtime error exception stack that immediately precedes it:
Warning: Spoiler!

Thanks for you time and excellent work on this essential utility!
Duane Doutel

• DDoutel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #11 by DDoutel Replied by DDoutel on topic DXGI.dll Crashing IL2 Cliffs Of Dover
Ok, here's a work-around I've found. The problem always manifested in the 2D interface, not during 3D rendering. On entry to a multiplay server, I toggle off the effect rendering until I spawn into the 3D portion of the game itself.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.