Reshade triggers MMO cheat detections

• Question
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Question Reshade triggers MMO cheat detections was created by Question
This info doesnt appear to be mentioned anywhere in the setup file, the website or the getting started guide...

According to the getting started guide, reshade installs a .dll and shaders into the game folder. The problem is that the .dll will trigger the kind of cheat detection you commonly see in MMOs as they will flip out over the .dll. Dependig on how overzealous the cheat detection is, players might get auto banned as well.

In case you are wondering, I just tried this out for a source engine MMO called Vindictus and it automatically disconnected me everytime i tried to do a dungeon. I had to delete the reshade files to stop it from happening. My account might have gotten flagged for investigation because of it, hopefully nothing happens.

I am able to use sweet fx 1.4 with radeon pro, but radeon pro has several obvious drawbacks, such as being old and no way to change the settings while the game is running. Im not sure how radeon pro makes sweet fx work, but is it possible for reshade to develop an alternative method similar to what radeon pro uses, so that people can use reshade with MMOs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade triggers MMO cheat detections
Any DLL injection can trigger anti-cheat software. ReShade can do the same thing RadeonPro does, you just need a injector tool to accomplish it (ENBInjector is one option). But that doesn't change anything. ReShade is for use at your own risk. Some games may disallow modification via their EULA in which case using ReShade would break that contract, the same way using RadeonPro with SweetFX would.

• Question
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Question Replied by Question on topic Reshade triggers MMO cheat detections
I thought ENB injector just does a dll injection like what base sweetfx has? Because thats going to be blocked.

According to someone on the sweetfx reddit, radeon pro seems to use some kind of api hooking method as you can remove the d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll files from sweetfx and sweetfx will still work in radeon pro.

Is there any way an alternative method can be developed to let reshade work for games where dll injection is not an option?

For example, getting radeon pro to "recognise" reshade's sweetfx folder? Reshade seems to remove a lot of the files that are found in sweetfx 1.4 or 1.5 and radeon pro cannot recognise the reshade folder as a sweetfx folder as a result. Would renaming reshade32.dll be enough or ?

• niflexible
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #4 by niflexible Replied by niflexible on topic Reshade triggers MMO cheat detections
could you look into two things, crosire
for next release please :)

1. implement a framerate limiter you can set from 20-144 so we dont have to use other software
2. implement the old way tuningpalette/w 3D luts 256x16 was in 2.0 plz, the 3d luts were awesome,
no performance decrease unlike using the raw sweetfx/reshade settings
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by niflexible.

• crosire
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade triggers MMO cheat detections
RadeonPro does the exact same thing ENBInjector does. I'm talking about the ENBInjector tool here, not ENB itself. As I explained before ReShade has a dynamic hooking system that automatically switches between different hooking methods depending on how you load it. It can interact as a DLL wrapper (like InjectSMAA/SweetFX), but it can also interact as a function patching injector like RadeonPro, if you load it that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niflexible

• niflexible
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #6 by niflexible Replied by niflexible on topic Reshade triggers MMO cheat detections
how do you load it differently ? Sorry, hope its simple to answer. I just don't understand how you load it differently from the way I just paste it into my game folder and never knew theres other method to load it to use a patching function..

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Reshade triggers MMO cheat detections
It might depend on the ReShade version. I have encountered that Rust for instance refuses to load privatly built ReShade binaries and some less popular versions but the 2.x and 3.x versions are all supported. Try a late 2.0 variant.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.