[SOLVED] csgo crashes when loading ReShade.fxh

• zay
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #1 by zay csgo crashes when loading ReShade.fxh was created by zay
Hi

General stuff:
Csgo: Latest version, installed on my second drive (D:), started with -insecure launch flag to be safe
Reshade: latest version, installed into \steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive; D3D9
my build: Win8.1 64bit; Nvidia GeForce GTX 960; Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3,40 ghz; 8gb ram

here is the thing:
I installed ReShade for cs go and started it up (in windowed mode btw). It showed a black screen and i was greeted by the usual reshade message, that it's loading all the shaders yada yada yada and then it crashed...

So I had a look at the log file and in the last line it said that it was loading the first shader. I figured that there was a problem with loading the shaders so i placed all of them into a backup folder and only left the vignette.fx shader in the actual folder.
Of course it said that it couldn't load the vignette.fx because it needs ReShade.fxh, so i copied that one into the same folder, hit the reload button and it crashed again...
Apparently there is a problem when loading the ReShade.fxh file, because it was runnning fine when i left the shader folder empty. I was able to complete the tutorial and everything (without shaders of course, which makes the whole effort a bit pointless).
I tried disabling the steam overlay and vr thingy in the steam properties and set the anti-aliasing options and so on to low or off but it still would not work.

I know that it says to:

Put [the] files into "\bin\"

in the "games" tab on this site but when i did that, reshade wouldn't even appear ingame.
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by zay. Reason: Log file is too long

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zay
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #2 by zay Replied by zay on topic csgo crashes when loading ReShade.fxh

• zay
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #3 by zay Replied by zay on topic csgo crashes when loading ReShade.fxh
I didn't update my graphics driver correctly
I am fucking done

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.