[SOLVED] ReShade Setup & Win10 Creators Update

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 1 week ago #1 by Dr4Wm4N [SOLVED] ReShade Setup & Win10 Creators Update was created by Dr4Wm4N
I know that Windows 10 Creators Update is not officially released yet, but the RTM ISO is already available and it seems that all versions of ReShade 3.0.x cannot be installed on this OS version, by using the ReShade Setup executable (because it worked well before, and that the only thing that changed on my PC before I noticed this problem). It simply silently crashes.

As a workaround, I can execute it on another pre-Creators Update PC, copy the needed dll files, download the shaders on crosire's GitHub and using an ini from a random preset (by editing paths in it), but it is not ideal...

EDIT: I'm using the x64 version of Windows 10 Creators Update.

EDIT #2: Event Viewer logs report crashes due to a faulty d3d9.dll file.

EDIT #3: Solved by updating RivaTuner Statistics Server to latest 7.0.0 beta 17 version ( forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5415372&postcount=254 )
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Dr4Wm4N.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VoodaGod, raaaaav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Qsimil
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic ReShade_Setup_3.0.x.exe crashes with Win10 RS2 RTM
No problem here, except when i had afterburner + RTSS already running, i needed to update to latest beta version of RTSS (otherwise i needed to make a profile to have application detection set to NONE). I have GTX 1060 by the way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr4Wm4N

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #3 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic ReShade_Setup_3.0.x.exe crashes with Win10 RS2 RTM
I just solved my problem before I saw your post, but thanks anyway. :)

Here's the link to the latest RivaTuner Statistics Server beta version (7.0.0 beta 17) that solved my problem: forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5415372&postcount=254
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Dr4Wm4N.
The following user(s) said Thank You: solidforger

• solidforger
More
7 years 5 days ago #4 by solidforger Replied by solidforger on topic ReShade_Setup_3.0.x.exe crashes with Win10 RS2 RTM
Thanks buddy!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.