[SOLVED] How to configure Reshade 3.0 for Elite Dangerous?

• Sukayo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #1 by Sukayo How to configure Reshade 3.0 for Elite Dangerous? was created by Sukayo
Hi,

i downloaded the installer, DirectX 11.0 now supported only by E:D, so what to select next as ? Direct 3D 10+ and selected Edlaunch.exe, folder got created, but no way how to open the menu, shift + F2.
Should that be ingame, in the settings, or in the launcher?

Any idea or hint what to try?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 1 week ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How to configure Reshade 3.0 for Elite Dangerous?
Edlaunch.exe does not sound the game executable, but some launcher of sorts. You need to install ReShade to the actual game executable. If successful you'll get a message in-game.

• JBeckman
More
7 years 1 week ago #3 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic How to configure Reshade 3.0 for Elite Dangerous?
It's in the products subfolder. :)

FORC-FDEV-D-1010 - 32-bit client.
elite-dangerous-64 - 64-bit client.
COMBAT_TUTORIAL_DEMO - 32-bit demo.

EliteDangerous64.exe or EliteDangerous32.exe

Far as I remember the game has a tendency to wipe custom files from those folders so you may have to re-add dxgi.dll / dxgi.ini from ReShade every time the game is started or possibly every time the launcher is started (Can't start the game exe outside of the launcher I think.) so launcher is started and it might wipe the dxgi.dll / dxgi.ini file so re-apply those and then start the game from the launcher. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sukayo

• Sukayo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #4 by Sukayo Replied by Sukayo on topic How to configure Reshade 3.0 for Elite Dangerous?
thanks. If some1 looks for the installation path: support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=108
installed and started and it works for now, will report back when i need to reinstall it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.