Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU

• agoniizing
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by agoniizing Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU was created by agoniizing
Title says it all. When I try to install to fallout 4, it just stays stuck on installing. Is there any other way to install?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TreyM
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU
Run the installer as admin.

• OM23
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by OM23 Replied by OM23 on topic Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU
I too cannot get it to run with Fallout 4 with Windows 10 after creators update. Tried everything. Although I don't get any error messages, it just doesn't show in-game at all. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but I exhausted all options I know.

• TreyM
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU
Did you run the installer as admin?

• Exilium
More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU

TreyM wrote: Did you run the installer as admin?

Did not you understand that the problem is not in the way it is installed? Look on the forum, there are a lot of people reporting problems with the new Windows 10 update.

• TreyM
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #6 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU
"Did not you understand that the problem is not in the way it is installed?" That's pretty rude considering I'm just trying to help.

I'm on the latest Windows 10 update and ReShade installs fine. OP still did not specify whether or not they ran the installer as administrator. I'm just trying to be helpful, but I can stop and just leave you guys to your own devices if you wish.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by TreyM.

• Exilium
More
6 years 10 months ago #7 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU
I did not mean to be rude, pardon. Sometimes google translator translates that way.

The Reshade installer does not "install" anything, as it does not put any keys in the registry, it only extracts the required .dll according to the game platform, be it DX9, DX10, DX11 ... If I'm not mistaken you can extract All the .dll's present by typing CTRL or SHIFT and clicking the install button. The error is not only in Reshade, several .dll's are having problems, mainly .dll's of modifications in games, Widescreen fixes, ENB, Reshade, among other extensions. The problem may not be in Reshade, but in the Windows update. (Only in official update of who bought the operating system.)

Anyway, it would be helpful to have some feedback on the Reshade developers about what might be happening.

• TreyM
More
6 years 10 months ago #8 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Stuck on installing Fallout 4 Windows 10 CU

Exilium wrote: I did not mean to be rude, pardon. Sometimes google translator translates that way.

The Reshade installer does not "install" anything, as it does not put any keys in the registry, it only extracts the required .dll according to the game platform, be it DX9, DX10, DX11 ... If I'm not mistaken you can extract All the .dll's present by typing CTRL or SHIFT and clicking the install button. The error is not only in Reshade, several .dll's are having problems, mainly .dll's of modifications in games, Widescreen fixes, ENB, Reshade, among other extensions. The problem may not be in Reshade, but in the Windows update. (Only in official update of who bought the operating system.)

Anyway, it would be helpful to have some feedback on the Reshade developers about what might be happening.

"The Reshade installer does not "install" anything, as it does not put any keys in the registry," That's not really the definition of "install." The ReShade "installer" is called that for a reason. It is installing files into a user-defined directory.

Also, I'll say again. I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 and ReShade 3.0 is working just fine here.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.