Unable to download archive

• Lieberman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #1 by Lieberman Unable to download archive was created by Lieberman
Hi, I would like to try ReShade but installer can't download archive of effects. Сonsequently, "Installing to Euro Truck Simulator 2 ... Failed!"
When i start the game and try to create my first preset, effects sheet is empty. Any ideas?
(ReShade version 3.0.7, Windows 7 x64)
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Lieberman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unable to download archive
Download them manually: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/archive/master.zip
Extract the archive into your game folder. Then "<path to Euro Truck Simulator>\reshade-shaders-master\Shaders" to the "Effect Search Paths" under "Settings" in the GUI and "<path to Euro Truck Simulator\reshade-shaders-master\Textures" to the "Texture Search Paths" field. Afterwards, hit "Reload" on the home tab and you are done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lieberman, Watt

• Lieberman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by Lieberman Replied by Lieberman on topic Unable to download archive
Thank you, It WORKS!
The main page ("Home") did not provide the 'update' button, I just pointed the correct path to the folders and restart my game. Will there be an option in the future to download the effects pack while installation? It would be convenient for customers.

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unable to download archive
The setup tool does that usually, for some reason it didn't work for you, which is why I explained the manual process of doing what the setup does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lieberman

• derrame
More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic Unable to download archive
i have the same problem but i dont understand the steps to install manualy :(

• derrame
More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic Unable to download archive
hey i have the same problem, could you please explain how did you manage to make it work?

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago #7 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Unable to download archive
1) Download this: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/archive/master.zip
2) Take the "Textures" and "Shaders" folders from inside and put them somewhere.
3) Launch game with ReShade and click "Settings" at the top.
4) Add the location of "Shaders" folder from earlier to the "Effect Search Paths" box.
5) Do the same for the "Textures" and hit "Reload" when you're done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Watt

• shojimeguro
More
6 years 6 months ago #8 by shojimeguro Replied by shojimeguro on topic Unable to download archive
end process igfxtray.exe from task manager fixed this bug

• rise_of_chaos
More
6 years 1 month ago #9 by rise_of_chaos Replied by rise_of_chaos on topic Unable to download archive
Do you have to load all the shaders doing it this way? I tried to delete everything aside from the one shader I wanted before extracted and it gave an error.

Is there anyway to do this but only have a few shaders loaded? Loading all 50 shaders takes a long long time and reloads the whole thing if you touch it at all (i.e. even barely move the window etc)

• crosire
More
6 years 1 month ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unable to download archive
Delete everything you don't need EXCEPT ReShade.fxh.

• iconicals
More
5 years 5 months ago #11 by iconicals Replied by iconicals on topic Unable to download archive
hey I am having a similar issue to this but none of the troubleshooting steps are working

• thepoint205
More
5 years 1 month ago #12 by thepoint205 Replied by thepoint205 on topic Unable to download archive
admin tutorial please

• vtudor222
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #13 by vtudor222 Replied by vtudor222 on topic Unable to download archive
Today I tried so hard to download the repository and it did not work no matter what I did, no matter which version I tried (4.4.0, 4.3.0, 3.08, 3.00.  Failed, failed, unable to download archive.   c:\users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\reshade-shaders-slim\readme.md already exists.  Why would this get downloaded into some temp file and not even complete?   I tried to fix all manually following instructions.  Again failed.  I hate the newest version which contains so many injectors I never really use.  I only like Adaptive Sharpening, Luma Sharpen, maybe Clarity and Technicolor2.  It works universally for all games.  There has to be a reason so many of us have these problems!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.