[SOLVED] Image Becomes More Blurry The More Effects Added

• DPA
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #1 by DPA Image Becomes More Blurry The More Effects Added was created by DPA
Hi Guys,

I seem to be having a problem where, in some games, the screen becomes more blurry the more effects that are added. It shifts the screen down and to the right with each extra effect applied, with over three effects creating an uplayable game. Is this normal behaviour in some games? Below is an example in Age of empires 2 HD of the image shifting down+right and becoming blurrier

imgur.com/a/HqmTJ

[edit] I use 3.06\3.07, Nvidia 970, OLED E6 4k, Windows 10
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by DPA. Reason: Additional Info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Image Becomes More Blurry The More Effects Added
DX9 games?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DPA

• DPA
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by DPA Replied by DPA on topic Image Becomes More Blurry The More Effects Added
Hi Crosire, thanks for the response :) I tried Cities Skylines in DX9 and DX11 and can confirm this is indeed accurate, it only blurs in DX9. Is this some kind of limitation or is there anything I can do?

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Image Becomes More Blurry The More Effects Added
It's a DX9 specific problem where textures are mapped with offset of half a pixel to the screen. I'm surprised you still see this happen though, because ReShade actually implements a workaround for that, which worked fine everywhere the last time I checked (and I haven't seen this reported until now either). Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Does it happen in all DX9 games, or do you have any where the workaround works as intended and this does not occur?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DPA

• DPA
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by DPA Replied by DPA on topic Image Becomes More Blurry The More Effects Added
Thanks for the help. As it was my problem only I tried reinstalling my graphics card drivers, and hey presto; everything is now working as intended :lol: Who knows what caused this but I am very happy to be fully functional. Reshade is the first thing I do to 9 out of 10 of my games, and can't thank you enough for it!

• Saffus
More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #6 by Saffus Replied by Saffus on topic Image Becomes More Blurry The More Effects Added
I know I'm reviving a dead thread but I'm having this exact issue with reshade 6.0.1 and thought it might interest the devs. 

I've only been able to replicate it when trying to run a dx9 game, in this case Armies of Exigo, along with dgVoodoo2 while simultaneously utilizing reshade's module path override feature. Very much an edge case, but it might still be of interest.

Armies of Exigo is freeware and can be found on sites like myabandonware for testing purposes. dgVoodoo2 is similarly also available for free. 
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Saffus.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.