Settings reset everytime, own ini files disappear

• Skypher
  • Topic Author
6 years 10 months ago #1 by Skypher Settings reset everytime, own ini files disappear was created by Skypher
I am so frustrated with this. I used to use SweetFX but since I had to reset my PC and found reshade to be simpler and more accurate I decided to switch. however, whenever i start gta5 my settings are always reset. each time i have to bind a key to toggle effects, change the directory for textures and shaders etc. however, i always change these things at everytime the are overwritten somehow. also, when i create my own cc and save them as shown in tutorial they always disappear when i start the game again.

when i download cc from the internet and place them in the gta5 folder they never disappear. furthermore the effects dont autoactivate which was a very good featur of sweetfx.

please help a noob, thx in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Settings reset everytime, own ini files disappear
You need writing permissions to the folder you create the preset file in. If you don't have writing permissions (by default you don't for most folders under "\Program files\...") ReShade can't save the file and as such it won't be there the next time around. Either get yourself writing permissions to the game folder, or instead of typing in only a preset name when creating a new preset, type in a full path to a folder that you already have writing permissions into the name field, e.g. "C:\Users\Me\Documents\MyPreset.ini".

• Skypher
  • Topic Author
6 years 10 months ago #3 by Skypher Replied by Skypher on topic Settings reset everytime, own ini files disappear
thanks, I'll try this

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.