Reshade not grabbing mouse input on AGS games

• Gaiero
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #1 by Gaiero Reshade not grabbing mouse input on AGS games was created by Gaiero
Hello everyone,

I'm new to Reshade and I have a possibly noob question: I'm trying to use it with a couple of adventure games based on the Adventure Game Studio kit, such as Kathy Rain and the Blackwell game series. I installed Reshade with the CRT shader, using the DirectX 9 API. While Reshade loaded correctly and I was able to get to the configuration overlay by pressing Shift-F2, the configurator isn't grabbing my mouse input, which instead is staying focused on the game below. Is this a known issue, and can I do anything about it? I'm running on Windows 10 x64, both games are Steam titles and the video card is an Nvidia Quadro NVS 3600m. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gaiero
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #2 by Gaiero Replied by Gaiero on topic Reshade not grabbing mouse input on AGS games
Anyone at all? :)

• brussell
More
6 years 9 months ago #3 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Reshade not grabbing mouse input on AGS games
It works in window mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaiero

• Gaiero
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #4 by Gaiero Replied by Gaiero on topic Reshade not grabbing mouse input on AGS games
Ah, you're right: I was able to get it running in windowed mode, and then I was able to fine-tune my settings via ini editing once the shader was activated. It's perfect, thanks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.