[SOLVED] CS:GO Not Launching

• Glace
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1 by Glace CS:GO Not Launching was created by Glace
Hello there, I was able to use ReShade perfectly up until today.

Well, I updated it to 3.0.8 because my CS:GO wouldn't launch with the old version, and I thought an update to the new version would fix it.
The update did not help, and I'm sure the previous versions would not as that was the reason I updated ReShade to 3.0.8 in the first place.

My System Specs:
  • Intel Core 2 Quad 8200
  • GTX 745
  • 550W PSU
  • 1TB HDD
Some steps I've taken so far to attempt to fix this problem:
  • Reinstall reshade, many, many times. Each time was unsuccessful.
  • Check if the d3d9.dll and .ini are in the /bin folder.
  • Validate the integrity of the game files.
  • Update my graphics card drivers, turned out they were extremely out of date.
  • Trying different launch options in CS:GO and HLAE.
  • Using another steam account.
  • Launching CS:GO while disconnected from the internet.
  • Reinstalling ReShade without Steam in the background.
Still no luck. Another person I know is also having this issue, but others are not. I think it's system specific, but it's really weird since ReShade was working before today.

Maybe it's Steam checking the dlls? If it is how can I disable it?

Here is a screenshot of my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive folder

Please help me as I've already tried the most common procedures to solve it.
Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Glace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic CS:GO Not Launching
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Glace
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by Glace Replied by Glace on topic CS:GO Not Launching
I don't have any overlays. ReShade is not launching at all. CS:GO isn't launching at all. I couldn't even get CS:GO to launch when its installed with it.
I've tried 3.0.8, 3.0.7 AND 3.0.6. Still not working :/

• Glace
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #4 by Glace Replied by Glace on topic CS:GO Not Launching
It still does not work. I tried the enbinjector method.
I put csgo.exe in the .ini for enbinjector and even tried renaming the d3d9.dll and .ini to ReShade.dll/.ini as suggested.
CS:GO did launch when I renamed it to ReShade.dll but there was no ReShade in CS:GO.

EDIT: I tried moving the enbinjector.exe and .ini to the csgo directory, but it's still not working. I even moved it to the /bin folder, still not working.
I honestly have no idea what is wrong here. It was working perfectly a few days ago :(
Please help :/
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Glace. Reason: update

• Kartoonpanda
More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by Kartoonpanda Replied by Kartoonpanda on topic CS:GO Not Launching
Mine's not either, I've tried verifying the bin and some other files and it won't work. Hopefully someone can find the solution :/

• Kuniyo
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #6 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic CS:GO Not Launching
The only way to disable it is by launching in -insecure mod as far as I know. (haven't tested it since I never use insecure mode)

There is a file (I think it's in the common folder, not too sure, I can't check atm since I'm at work) that verifies every dll loaded and you can't add reshade to it, seems to be encoded or something and if you try to add it, it will just not launch csgo anymore.

As far as I know there is no fix and Valve intended this (not only this injector, but all of them to counter-act possible hacks perhaps?)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Kuniyo.

• Glace
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #7 by Glace Replied by Glace on topic CS:GO Not Launching
I do launch CS:GO in -insecure mode as I use HLAE. But the game is still not launching. Can you check which file it is that checks for the dlls once you get back? I'll try removing that file and see what happens.

• Kuniyo
More
6 years 8 months ago #8 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic CS:GO Not Launching
Hello Glace,

Sorry for the extremely late response, I kinda forgot to be honest...

The file is called "csgo.signatures" and is located in the following directory:

SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive

They seem to have encrypted keys for the files that work as a signature and I think if it tries to load one that isn't on that list with the right signature it won't launch CS:GO.

If you do every find a solution, please let us know here! Would love to use ReShade again for CS:GO. Without it, it looks really bland.

• Glace
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #9 by Glace Replied by Glace on topic CS:GO Not Launching
I have tried deleting that file multiple times, but it still does not fix the problem unfortunately.

• CrazyCatNear
More
4 years 1 week ago #10 by CrazyCatNear Replied by CrazyCatNear on topic CS:GO Not Launching
After so much time. But suddenly it will help someone.

If CS GO does not start, or starts with an error - something like NVAPI with error 0xFFFFFFFE

This means the csgo.signatures file is in the main directory

As I understand it, this is a White list of dll's

in Steam, add -insecure to the startup options

will not be allowed through VAC, but ReShade will work

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.