dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by againstallathority dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access was created by againstallathority
Dont have ideas how to make depth dependant effects work with current version of dayz.

Have anyone tested it?

In logs i find that line
2017-07-30T12:43:09:946 [00628] | WARN  | > Multisampling is enabled. This is not compatible with depth buffer access, which was therefore disabled.

any ideas how to disable multisampling? thats MSAA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access
Disable MSAA in-game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: againstallathority

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access
hi, crosire, thanks for reply!

disabled, yet display depth returns me whole white output....

and now, i dont see any depth or z-buffer references in dxgi logs.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by againstallathority.

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access
Whole white output means ReShad grabbed the wrong buffer (since it got one, but it's empty). Not much you can do then unfortunately.

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #5 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access
any notes how to patch solution, so it would grabb proper buffer?

maybe i need to bypass network limitation?
		if (cooldown-- > 0)
		{
			traffic += g_network_traffic > 0;
			return;
		}
		else
		{
			cooldown = 30;

if (traffic > 10)
			{
				traffic = 0;
				create_depthstencil_replacement(nullptr);
				return;
			}
			else
			{
				traffic = 0;
			}
		}

am i getting the idea right?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by againstallathority.

• JBeckman
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #6 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access
There are forks that do this already, you can just check how they did it if you intend to tweak the ReShade source data for this game for depth buffer access. :)
github.com/crosire/reshade/network

But yeah DayZ being a online game would trigger ReShade's depth buffer block when network traffic is detected, meant to prevent people exploiting it which ensures ReShade avoids getting blacklisted.

EDIT: It does seem to have helped though, security software such as Battle.eye and EasyAntiCheat does block ReShade whenever a new version is released (Thus no longer having a matching signature.) but said version is then often whitelisted though the process can take a while. :)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by JBeckman.

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access
The online block would cause the image to go black, not white.
But codewise you are in the right place. There is a branch comparing draw call amounts per buffer a couple of lines below. I'd suggest playing with the numbers there to see if anything useful comes out. You may also attach a debugger and just go through every buffer ReShade added to the possible candidate list manually and use that information to tweak the algorithm to your needs.

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #8 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dayz + reshade, cant get depth buffer access
thanks alot for replies, JBeckman and crosire

i'm gonna dig that direction, yet i'll be back closer to weekends, when i got some more time to play :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.