I dont understand a lot of things

• anfisaa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by anfisaa I dont understand a lot of things was created by anfisaa
Hi, I just downloaded Reshade and Im super confused. The tutorial on start up didnt really help, plus the menu was so laggy that I could barely move the cursor. I checked off some boxes (how do you know which effects you're supposed to use? or do you use all of them). I tried to check off all of them but it was taking so long. Plus, after I checked one box, the screen got blurry and black text appeared over top which read "PAINT ME WITH HUD"..

I tried to close the menu but it wouldn't close, then I turned it into windowed mode. This caused the effects to load all over again and my screen became clear. Then when the effects finished loading, the same blurry screen with text (now not black?) appeared. I tried to press shift F2 for the menu but it didnt come up, now I cant see anything and I cant play my game.

I attached a picture of my problem:

What does this mean? Did I get hacked? How can I get my game sreen back?

Thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• againstallathority
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic I dont understand a lot of things
Hi, that is HUD mask. Some of the effects (probably all) should be filtered with that texture, so hud elements of the game wont be affected by reshade.
Make a screenshot of game (how it looks 95% of time: maybe health bar, minimap etc) and make a black-white image out of it, similar to this default one.

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic I dont understand a lot of things
Disable the HUD mask effect if you don't want to use it (which can be assumed since you don't know what it is).
As for the rest: You only enable the effects you want to use and tweak them to your liking. If you don't know what a specific effect does, either leave it be, or enable it and play around with its config to get a feeling of what it does.

• anfisaa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by anfisaa Replied by anfisaa on topic I dont understand a lot of things
Ok, thanks so much! I guess I have to look into what each one does

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic I dont understand a lot of things
You can also search for pre-made configs on the presets site linked in the top menu. Just make sure you find a preset made for ReShade 3.0.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.