Insanely low FPS in OBS when in-game

• Game kNight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by Game kNight Insanely low FPS in OBS when in-game was created by Game kNight
Hello people

I've been having issues with my OBS as of late, and I thought it was OBS' fault - but now I realize that it may be Reshade in combination with OBS.
I can use Reshade fine without OBS active, my games run smoothly
I can use OBS fine without Reshade, it remains at 60fps at all times.

Together, I get this issue:
When I'm not focused on OBS studio, the FPS drops to below 30 almost instantly - I can't for the life of my figure out what is wrong.

I can tab out of the game and the FPS of OBS will return to normal 60.
No dropped frames
Twitch inspector shows no issues with frames or connection
Which leads me to believe there is something wrong with OBS or my settings (which I found to be Reshade combined with OBS as explained)

In this video, at 3:55 you can see how laggy it is, I tab out and if you notice the text at the top left with my latest follower/subs, it speeds up (stops lagging) as I tab out.
www.twitch.tv/videos/163973935

Anything you can do to help would be appreciated as I can't do without reshade in my streams!
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Game kNight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by Game kNight Replied by Game kNight on topic Insanely low FPS in OBS when in-game
Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening here? I really don't want to run my games without reshade, I'm addicted it good graphics! :)

• Game kNight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by Game kNight Replied by Game kNight on topic Insanely low FPS in OBS when in-game
Noone?

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Insanely low FPS in OBS when in-game
Try a different injection method. See reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3293-co...-and-their-solutions @2B.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.