Weird pauses when ReShade is enabled

• rolfba
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #1 by rolfba Weird pauses when ReShade is enabled was created by rolfba
Hi

With the latest version 0.16, ReShade is working in my old nostalgi game Earth & Beyond, but ive noticed a small hiccup.

Every time ive loaded into a new area and open the map, there is a 1-3 sec pause where the game is frozen, and then the map opens. This does not happen without ReShade, and happens if have shaders enabled or disabled.

I have made a tracelog of me logging in, opening the map in 1 area, then switching area and opening the new map, both times there is the 1-3sec freeze.

pastebin.com/GviD7jHj

Between the area switch and map load i checked the log, and the only new lines that was added after i opened the map was:
20/03/2015 17:34:14:531 [06416] | INFO  | Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface(07476588, 256, 256, 22, 0018F840)' ...
20/03/2015 17:34:17:349 [06416] | INFO  | Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface(07476588, 256, 256, 21, 0018F840)' ...
20/03/2015 17:34:17:352 [06416] | INFO  | Redirecting 'IDirect3DDevice8::CreateImageSurface(07476588, 256, 256, 23, 0018F840)' ...

Not sure why this would give the delay, since CreateImageSurface is redirected at lots of other times, where there is no such freeze.

Please tell me if i can do more to give you better debug information :)

/Rolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rolfba
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #2 by rolfba Replied by rolfba on topic Weird pauses when ReShade is enabled
Hmm, it seems if i totally disable SweetFX by renaming the Sweet.fx file, the lag is gone, so it is somehow related to the shaders aswell. But if i disable the shaders with the ingame shortcut, the delay is there.

/Rolf

• rolfba
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #3 by rolfba Replied by rolfba on topic Weird pauses when ReShade is enabled
It seems i was a little to hasty to think it was the shaders interfering.

It is even more confusing, the game has 2 zoom levels on the map, small and large.

And when i disabled the shaders completely, i was also on the small zoom level, which seems to be the key:

If the large map is shown there is the delay, regardless if any effect is loaded or not, but only when ReShade is enabled.
If the small map is shown there is no delay regardless if shaders are loaded or not.

And its always only the first time the map is loaded on every new area.

Sorry for the confusing report, but this is also confusing in my head, why the map size is affecting this :D

/Rolf

• rolfba
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #4 by rolfba Replied by rolfba on topic Weird pauses when ReShade is enabled
I did a longer play session / trace, and for some reason after around 15min, this appeared in the trace log:
20/03/2015 18:39:51:206 [04844] | TRACE | Switched depth source to depthstencil 075FE000.
20/03/2015 18:39:51:474 [04844] | TRACE | Switched depth source to depthstencil 00000000.

And after this point depth is no longer working, the texture is just black when i watch it. Was working before this point.

Restarting the game fixed this, but im not sure why it disappeared.

Also now the delay is happening with the small map size aswell, so maybee its not realted after all? :/

/Rolf

• rolfba
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by rolfba Replied by rolfba on topic Weird pauses when ReShade is enabled
Ok, so from reading on the forum i guess that the depth buffer disabling is because the game is played on an online server.

This still leaves the weird freeze bug that happens when opening the map, and only when ReShade is enabled.

/Rolf

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.