Uninstall Reshade

• mlmiles
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1 by mlmiles Uninstall Reshade was created by mlmiles
HELP!!! I love reshading on PUBG. After their latest update, I couldn't launch game. So I deleted "MOST" of reshade and wanted to reinstall. I really love reshade in PUBG. Anyway, by no means am I a computer Guru. I try to delete, it tells me I need to be admin. I go to admin, then it tells me I need User "MIke"'s permission. Which I am on in the same. So its back and forth. All I want do do is uninstall and reinstall, can someone please take the time and explain how I can do this to and old guy that's not real computer savvy? Yes, I am sure I gave admin rights to my User "Mike". But that damn folder just won't delete. Thanks in advance to whomever helps me.

Thanks
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mlmiles
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by mlmiles Replied by mlmiles on topic Uninstall Reshade
Also, when I try to reinstall reshade, says its unable to extract files. I am beside myself!

Thanks
Mike

• Mobeeuz
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #3 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Uninstall Reshade
First, you want to install a registry script to take ownership of the files/folders - go here and download the zip. Contents are self-explanatory.

You will now have a right click option to take ownership of files and folders. Using this on the ReShade folder first should allow you to delete it afterwards, but the file you want to delete/rename is dxgi.dll in PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64. Removing that effectively stops reshade from even starting while keeping your profile intact.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Mobeeuz.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.